Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

Re: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

Found your proof! Tusa rule book pg 6. Modified lite body rules, states " the intent of these preceding specs is to follow the bodyline and design of a dirt modified racecar" gives 2 drawings 1 of a dirt modified and 1 of an imca modified below the diagram it states "tusa imca body spec will be announced at a later time". So in my opinion that tells me that the measurements given are for a dirt modified and they have no measurments for the imca body, so i called tusa in which they said " follow the stars body rules for the imca/ump body" thats about as good an explanation i can give you.

Alright willie i got the body rule. It really comes down to that everyone should habe the rules. How is it fair to out of town people if it is not in the rules and you have to call another club to verify rules we all know from club to club the rules change. Walt said it was for one year a trial run so is that what ours is too. And if they let there club try nitrous are we going to as well. Another thing is explain why a month ago when we discussed it as a problem and you said you were sending rules changes out and so was mike. You and he knew it was a problem before the race. So to me a simple fix would have been do what you say or at the track at the drivers meeting it could have been adressed. Guess when you and him run the show you are not worried about the other cars just your friends.

And i have yet to here anyone address the teching of the motor. I guess god realized he better keep quiet.

doesnt everybody have the body rule if they say stars body rules are legal? been legal over a year now.

http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/sho...light=forsberg

Dustin it does not say we run stars i understand your confusion. It says north texas stars which has there own set of rules on there site and do not have ump body.

where is the north texas stars web site at

wwwntsrs.net

Well I can tell all of you this much. The Texas Series was put together by a few guys from Texas that wanted to try and allow more cars to run TOGETHER. So the rules where wrote up last year and not been touched this year. They where meant to allow all cars to run. So, we should have rules that are important like: engine, bore, stroke, compression, weight, solid bars, tires, chassis measurements. Things like body should be, if its legal in your rules then its legal. My rear side panels are legal per Stars rules page 10. That is what I used last year and am running the same body this year. If Dallas decided to leave that part out of their rules this year, I did not know that. I wonder if they did and other Stars racers want to run with them can they?? Seems odd if not to me, seeing that Stars sends that nice packet out and all.
    Bottom line is that we try our best to allow all cars to run with us. Most everyone is happy with class and some will never be.

Bryan Henry
    2012 Texas Series Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those bodys are legal we just left that page out by mistake.

and teching the motor for compression?

I don't know how ya'll do it, but to get a true reading the throttle bodies are suppose to be open when you check the compression..

They did open the throttle bodies. They pumped mine over 10 revs with them wide open. I heard 6565 wanted them to pull the throttle bodies off. You can do that for sure if you want to spend more time in the tech area. I heard he bitched about the amount of time it took to tech, so what gives? I also heard his motor flirted with pumping too much. Just so you know 65, the hotter the engine the higher it pumps. If you pull the throttle bodies off the higher it pumps. SO be careful what you ask for big guy. Might get the old DQ.

Harry

PS. Sebie, thanks for clearing up the body rule, now we can move on to another area of complaint.

So i forgot another rule not sure why i read the rules. I believe it says in the rules compression to be checked with all four plugs out fuel injectors off with ten revolutions within 45 minutes. Guessing all those are in there for one reason or another they affect the compression. Like you said bryan if they would have checked mine within 45 minutes instead of an hour fifteen minutes like the rule said maybe mine would be dqd sure the guys behind me would be glad you followed the rules. Yes i was complaining about the time because i wanted them all done in 45 minutes to make sure they were legal. Second question is if you had to turn your motor over ten revolutions or ten seconds because mine was seconds and not sure how many revolutions it makes that way guessing that could change the reading as well. And also with the injectors on are they dumping any fuel in the cylinder that might change compression.

When you hold throttle bodies wide open ,it puts the motor in flood mode and your inj will not spray.

Where your plugs not out? Mine were. I also have my car where it will wind over without ignition on, so on the fuel pumping-might want to fix that. For years I have been teched in this manner. The rules have always said remove the throttle bodies, but you run into time issues. Remember these guys are just volunteers or fellow racers. You cant keep complaining about them trying their best. You act like we have paid professional tech guys running around. We just want FAIR rules and tech. In my opinion these guys do great. Here is an example: Lets just say that your motor checked too high on compression that night and you asked them if you could totally remove your throttle bodies like the rules say, I am positive they would have said SURE, take them off and we will retry the compression check. Its that simple.
    Buck, please believe me when I say I have always wanted what is best for this class. I want to see all guys get to race including you. BUT sometimes guys just dont play well with others and they need to find other friends or things to do. Please act your age and if something needs to be talked about lets do it at the track and not here on the net. The Texas series is a great thing for our state and I want to see it grow.

Thanks, Bryan Henry

Bring it up to who brian greg. And i brought all this up and it has not been adressed to anyone but me you would think if there was a rules controversy the club would try to clarify it to the whole club as soon as they resolve it instead of a few friends.

Oh and its address to me was everyone pointed to greg and greg said he was making a verbal change in rules. Guess when you are wrong you dont comment. Greg is quick to point fingers at other clubs problems maybe he should try harder to fix his own