Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

Re: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

Wow only gets better to me. Just recieved e mail from god himself saying he talked to walt and they were running imca rules on body so that is whatthey will copy and paste to our rules. Mike sent it to me just now trying to clear all this up.

So do you think they know the sail oanel is not legal to imca rules and god told me walt said something totally different
    Maybe or for sure we will hear from him soon

well once imca find outs they are using their name it wont be there anymore.

So i read everything you said willie and all i see like greg said is they run imca body rules which are on there but it does not say youncan run ump rules im guessing you know your sail panels are not imca legal so where does anything say we can run ump body or that sail panel.

does the texas series rules say u can run stars rules? answer that right now. did the identical type of sail panels race in florida for the tusa race? answer that right now

Stars rules page 10 theres a diagram of the sail panel it is clear, you are a tech guy at texana call tusa, ask them, the info we got was they where allowing the imca/ump body style in the stars rulebook. And dustin yes and yes

News Flash! Sail Panels make Veaches faster! I knew there was a reason I was having trouble passing them! This seams really like just something to argue over. I have done several bodies with this same sail panel this year and never heard any complaints on them. Its cosmetics only is it really worth starting an arguement and hurting car count over. We are trying to build the class not hurt it.

So i am a tech guy yes and all three of the tech guys agree it was in black and white. Illegal but greg said we could do nothing. And maybe willie you miss read the rules or me but i thought it said we use north texas stars rules and that is not the same as stars rules they do not have a ump body. And i have not seen anything tusa say anything about ump together.
    So if body does not matter and bryan said last year motor does not matter then why again do we need rules. Just for the fun of the idiots that have to follow them i guess.

Trackdog if three tech guys can be overruled by the vice president then why have them and yes i feel it is worth the fight. And it is worth letting people know. Im not doing it for the purpose he was fast im doing this so people see how it is ran. Like when mike and greg convinced a couple others i should be banned last year. They banned me after bringing it up on here everyone realized that it was all because greg cant stand loosing to me all the time. The club voted me as a tech man not me i was not even a member so im guessing someone feels my thoughts are right.

I'm going to have to agree with Buck on this... As once being a tech guy and now a VP... If the tech guys got together and can't find where it's legal, then it's not.. Plain and simple.. The Pres is supposed to enforce their ruling. He can't change it..
    Now,,,, Ya'll need to get it in black and white, like Buck says. Don't dick around with using others rules. Get it in yours and be done with this. It's too simple to solve. Hell, have a meeting before a race and vote on it..

Buck, i read the rules just like you did, i read every post that has to do with the rules, all the fine print, all the bold print, when i have a question about an unclear rule i call the guys in charge to verify the rules ahead of time to make sure my car is legal. Those guys ok'ed the rules after speaking with tusa, so exactly how did they do it wrong? They where confronted with a issue and they made the nessecary calls to get it verified they called me back and gave me the answer and we showed up. Now your duty as a tech official is to inform the president or vice president of any and all rule infractions that you are aware of, which you did, and they gave you the same answer they gave me which is what there supposed to do right? So now your response should be we need it in black and white, in which case im sure your president and vice president can figure out how to do so even though tusa hasnt been able to (seems pretty much like a copy and paste kinda of deal) just dont understand you bashing mike and greg over something they where unaware of 2 weeks ago until they called tusa? So for an example, mikey hay had the same body as my car in eastbay, same sail panels, tusa national event, and did not have any trouble which should CONFIRM for you that tusa is allowing the body, which mike and greg confirmed with a call to tusa. So now the issue is you need black and white rule on it so as stated before pm me your email and we (gulfcoast modlites) can send you a revised copy of the body rules allowed by tusa in which is legal at all texana, gulf coast modlites, and texas series races.
    Last edited by WVEACH41; 04-16-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Its in black and white its illegal. I know its far fetched but anyone ever think of instead of always changing a rule just enforce what you have.

And no one has explained why tech checked compression turning the motor over for ten seconds versus ten revolutions and with throttlebodies on not off and with throttle wide open. Is this how it will be teched always. And if so why is that not in the rules that way. So trying to see how it will be done to make sure i still will pass.

So you know why im asking is iv had my motor checked several times and never pulled more than 170 they opened the throttle and lets just say i was too close for my comfort that way.

Willie i asked you on pm how you thougt it was legal you said what you just said. I guess you did not feel that everyone should here this and know of the rule change before the race. You had two weeks and no one was told. I dont think you need my email to send me proof maybe you should put it on here just a suggestion. Then everyone knows not just me the rules are for all not just me right.
    Second to this willie i did all my questions to this in pm s to get it handled the right way. And after i talked to you i emailed mike about the rule change you said he was going to send out to everyone. And his response was there were no rule changes.
    If you would like i can post all our messages and mine and mikes. So you can know i went about this the right way till it all gets overuled by greg.

And i still see no mention of a change in sail panel just says imca body legal in the post you said to read and gregs email about his conversation with walt so show me agai where it is written not someone else got away with it.

so i have a stars legal and a tusa legal body but i cant race with you guys...wtf......lol lol lol lol. i swear. wheres the rules and measurements for the tusa imca type on the tusa web site anyways? how can you enforce something you dont know the answer too? if the rules said you can run the stars rules then the sail panels are good, if the car can pass tech in florida at the tusa national event, why cant it pass at your event? this is exactly what happens when you cant follow national rules. theres no reason to not make this whole thing stars or tusa rules exactly. one phone call and its fixed. no votes. no clubs, no presidents, no nothing. embarrasing

buck I did not ask for your email to send you proof I asked for it so I could send you a copy of the revision that you want in black and white which will be sent out to all other competitors as well, the revisions consist of the body rule that tusa is allowing, which is a STARS ump/imca style body.

Damn, I just read all of these post and I am so confused. I'm going back out into the shop to work on my car.

Harry