Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

First question I have is who really is running these races? My guess Godspeed aka Greg sexton but since he likes control and looks like he likes being called god so that's what we will refer to him as.
    My first thing is why have rules if they can be changed at the track with one persons say so and that person is god fittingly. There are black and white rules that say we run USA body rules that are dirt and imca not ump in writing. So as some of the Arkansas guys pointed out the rear sail panel is different. Guess they read the rules as well. I asked a month ago Willie how they were legal and it was said the rules are wrong and texana and gulf coast guys were going to send out e mails changing it. Guess since they make the rules they did not have to tell all the other racers just there friends. So that said got to the track and brought it up at the races to god mike and all the tech. Everyone I talked to said they agreed they were illegal by the rules everyone else can see but ask god. So they did and he said he talked to Walt and Walt is letting them run it so we are.he made a verbal change at the track. So how is that fair to all the out of town people that follow the rules like Arkansas who did not get that verbal change at the track. And is this club s rules made by a group of people or god.

Last why have rules you don't follow. Why say in rules compression is teched with injectors off and 10 revolutions. If they tech with injectors on and ten seconds of turning the motor over. And within 45 min mine was done 115 after.

Is this because the lack of them knowing the rules or god said so. I guess no point of being a tech man and knowing the rules if you find something illegal and final say is up to god.

Re: Texas Series Rules or lack of using them

i thought the Texas series was stars rules? they have the dimensions for the sail panels in the rules.

the presidents and vice presidents of each organization that the texas series visits, the texas series is under stars, tusa rules always has been texana is a tusa group in which if you read about 3 post down they explain that they to where coming out with an imca/ ump body rule, they do not have it in writing yet also if you look at the eastbay results you'll see mikey hay was there with the stars body which was also found to be legal, so with that being said your gripe hold no weight buck, if this had been only texana race then maybe but being it was a texas series race they are legal. body rules are found on pages 6-10 of the tusa rulebook and around pg 10 of the stars rule book

from tusa rule update;
    "In addition, TUSA will be introducing a set of IMCA body specifications to meet the members that would like to resemble the IMCA body style."
    Last edited by WVEACH41; 04-15-2013 at 02:21 PM.

So i guess let me sum that up for everyone. Willie as a competitor I have to read all post on this site look at all results and there cars and then look at our rules and put it all together to figure out the rules. I thought since it was in black and white in our rules it was a rule. Silly me not something you can print out seems to me no rules would be better than thirty sets together. Never have seen we use stars rules anywhere what's there motor rules.
    And about tech guessing they teched yours the same so are those rules changed somewhere I just missed them.

Willie when we discussed this almost a month ago you said you and mike were going to send out emails to both clubs mike did not and i guess you did if not why would it be legal you had plenty of time to tell everyone maybe its only legal for you cause you say so. Otherwise everyone should have known it was legal so if they wantbto change theres before the race.
    I guess now we change rules to fit one or two cars instead of just enforce the rules like the rest. Or just depends who youbare friends with.

heres the rules for the texas series

The 2012 Texas Stars Championship series is finally a reality. As you may know we have been working on bringing all the cars together here in Texas for a couple of years. As you also know you can never make everyone happy. Here is our best attempt to make this happen.

Race Dates:
    1. April 14th is set, but location pending.
    2. May 5th at Battleground Speedway in Highlands, TX
    3. August 11th at Battleground in Highlands, TX
    4. September 15th at Superbowl Speedway in Greenville, TX (http://www.superbowlspeedway.com/sb2/)
    5. Oct 12th and 13th at RPM Speedway in Crandle, TX (2nd Annual OktoberFAST) (http://www.rpmspeedwayoftexas.com/)
    6. November 9th and 10th the finale is the illustrious 17th Annual Texas Grand. (Location still pending)

Rules: Rules are a work in progress and may be changed as we put this together:

Body:
    1. Mod lites and classic both allowed.
    a. Mod lites see TUSA, Texana or North Texas Stars rules. b. Classics can run TUSA, Texana, Houston, Western States or North Texas Stars rules. All should be close to the same.
    Tires:
    1. Hoosier and Goodyear both allowed. (Must duro 45 before race) (Only TUSA style tread on Hoosier and only G45 and G50 on Goodyear)

Wheels:
    1. 7 and 8 inch allowed. Beadlock allowed on all 4 corners.

Engines:
    1. Must remain stock bore and stroke, stock rods and pistons and cams.
    2. All head components must remain stock. Cams must be stock as per original equipment manufacturer
    (OEM) and must meet specs as per manufacturer.
    3. ONLY OEM stock ignition system with OEM ECU box may be used.
    4. Engine must retain its stock fuel induction system. May run aftermarket air filters/headers/oil pan.
    5. Secondary butterflies may be removed.
    6. No adjustable aftermarket cam sprockets must be in the stock mounting round holes.
    7. Power Commander (no auto tune) and TFI are legal. NO Bazzaz, auto tune or programmable ECU.
    8. Older carbureted engines allowed, 1250cc max. Must be originally carbureted motor. See Texana rules for info.

Weight:
    1. All cars must weight 1275 after race.

Brakes:
    1. 3 working brakes with calipers and rotors.

Suspension:
    1. Same as TUSA, Texana, etc. Exept all SOLID bars. No rubber or springs on trailing arms or third link.

Buck it is a texas series race not a texana or gulfcoast race those rules have not changed from last year with the exception of no hoosier tires , SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND ILL GET YOU A SET OF THE GULF COAST RULES, AS FAR AS TECH GOES EACH CLUB HAD FOLKS AROUND JUST AS EYES TO MAKE SURE THE CHECKING WAS GOOD, AS FAR AS IT BEING AND 1:15 MIN BEFORE YOU WHERE TECHED I DONT REALLY HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU OTHER THAN WIN THE RACE AND YOU CAN GO FIRST OR GET TO THE TRAILER FIRST OTHER THAN THAT I DONT KNOW HOW ELSE TO HELP YOU OUT ON THAT ONE. AND YES AS A COMPETITOR IT IS YOUR JOB TO KNOW THE RULES FOR EACH PARTICULAR RACE THAT YOU ATTEND.
    Last edited by WVEACH41; 04-15-2013 at 02:59 PM.

i have a set of gulf coast rules and unless it has changed since i got them then it even has the pictures that do not show it legal so thatbdoes not really change much because they are a touring series not a club so vote is of few members not all or i mean msde by god

As far as time i did not care but my guess sure you know this or maybe you forgot its in the rules a time and my guess the compression changes as the motor cools so that might be why they have a rule but like you said pretty much they dont follow the rukes so why not send me home an hour earlier.

Willie are you arguing with me or against me just looked at north texas stars rules and they show it inna picture to be illegal so all three clubs you underlined show black and white pictures of them illegal to those drawings.
    So how did a black and white rule become grey so rule changes for your one car or great of the group must be nice to be friends with god. He makes the rules he banned me from racing with them last year wow the power

ill argue with u

There is really nothing to argue about the whole thing was a wash, the damn car didnt even finish the race, jesus buck do you not have anything better to do than sit around and think of crap to come up with? Tusa,stars ect they allow the body so what exactly is your argument? ive already told you where to find the rule even copied and posted tusa's statement, and verified it by giving you an example of them allowing it, really what more do you want? Look if you dont like the way things are ran go somewhere else! Apperently you have problems with multiple competitors and officials so why put your self through the aggrivation if your that unhappy take your ball and go home. Otherwise worry about your car and how to make it better and go race.

Multiple people name more than god. And you think its only me that thinks this way im just the only one that will voice mybopinion. And maybe you can correct me if im wrong but texana gave points and so did the track. So im guessing it was more than a texas series race.
    And as far as he finished last i did not know rules only applied to the top cars.
    Also if i protested it showed you in black and white it was illegal then you say there was a verbal change. Who gets the money. Im guessing you even though you cant show me anything except some other groupis allowing it

For the last time tusa is allowing them your more than welcome to call them and ask for there copy and yes its a texas race if texana made it a points race then thats there deal, but texas rules still apply

After reading 6565's posts I thought this fit....
    http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=p7w64fbqYQY