Become a DCR Supporter | Read More | (2014 Bumper Stickers!)

Thread: Film: Dwarf Car Inventor, Ernie Adams

Lightbulb Film: Dwarf Car Inventor, Ernie Adams

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new here, and will be reading your posts with high interest going forward.

In October/November of 2012, I spent a week deep in the Arizona desert with a small crew getting some pretty hot footage of Ernie Adams and his workshop. It's part of my short documentary that will be released in the next couple of months, called, "Ernie's Dwarfs."

You can see a teaser video here: https://vimeo.com/53802142

I'm still looking for interesting angles on this story, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Particularly, I'd like to find stories related to unusual racers, racing locations, and historical perspectives.

Please leave a comment on this thread, or contact me directly through my profile.

Cheers,
    Jeff Diehl, Producer

Re: Film: Dwarf Car Inventor, Ernie Adams

Ernie is a great guy. I remember the last night of historic Manzanita Speedway, Ernie brought his baby blue conv. out.

very cool rides i want one!!! i have always wanted to do something just like this.

I did some reading on him. Does cool work. Def keep us posted

Jeff,that was deffinately a teaser for sure.Can't wait to see the full movie.

I think an interesting angle to consider is that it really is the birthplace or the start of a huge group of racecars that thousands of racers race today across the country. Modlites, dwarfcars, and Legend cars can all trace their origins back to this guy building these things back in the early '80s. Not to mention, there are quite a few guys racing in the top levels of NASCAR who started out racing in one. Here's an interesting story about the birth of this type of racing if you haven't already seen it:

http://dwarfcar.com/Htm's/Story.htm

Thanks for the post Ryan,and Jeff i got your msg last week but # to call you back got messed up on my recording?? Cheers