Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 motor rule????

Re: 2012 motor rule????

sure glad we dont have motor rules in Drag raceing.damn wouldnt that suck.and hell yes im down to run turbos on these cars.i already got a setup that will work.

it was stupid. It does not keep cost down. last year they voted on two years or older b/c the motors were getting hard to find. This year its b/c the 2011 zx10 has a little more horsepower they went back to old rule. Everyone probaly already spent the money building their older motors and dont want to do it again. But we are supposed to be stock. hahahahahahahahaha. Very few of us.... Cost does not stay down if i buy a 2010 motor with 10k miles on it and it blows up soon and I have to buy another one does it. I would rather buy one new enough I know it has low miles on it that will last longer. lets see 4k once for new motor or two for 2200 which is 4400. how is that lower? what about all this crap talk about its not about horse power its about setup???? hahahahahaha. I hear so many people say they can have all the power they want if they can not get it to the ground it does not matter. 80% of the ones with all the extra power know how to get it to the ground duhhhhhhhhhh

why dont you just get a stock 08 gsxr for 2200 bucks...then freshen it up if you are concerned about wear.

the 05-08 gsxr stuff is still pretty easy to find and inexpensive to purchase..when stock motors cost in the 4k range, our class will die.

Dustin, not everyone wants to run a gixxer. I agree with you, though. Here's the problem with "freshening up" a motor. You can check around on this. It cost 15 to 17 hundred dollars to do it. You can have your motor made into a spec motor for that amount. For a few hundred more you can have a super spec built. You now have anywhere from 3 to 4 grand or more in a motor. So,,, why do away with the 2 year motor rule to "save" money. Eventually, you won't have a "stock" motor class. You'll have a "spec" class and what happened to saving money in this class. It's just a circle.

Okay well I've raced mod lites for 4 yrs. first motor I bought was 1100 bucks shipped. Now it's 4000? How is this gonna work?

After reading all the posts on this,I'm wondering if anyone knows just why the 2 yr old rule was first added to the rules in the first place. BTW way I know why,but does anyone outside of Arizona know? Just curious.

Jim

i have never payed over $1500 for a zx10 shipped to AZ. Around here we done freshin shit up. it goes from the bike to the car. we get 2 plus seasons around here. OH YA,we race all year.I have raced a few different states the past few years and hold me own even with some or the 1070, and spec motors. all my energy is spend on suspension. watching shock travel and getting the right shock and spring on the right corner.And being smooth,scrubbing speed kills.Wish you all luck for 2013.

Mr. Jim will you please enlighten us on the 2 year motor rule..
    24modlite, Dustin.
    What happened here is some guys went and bought motors according to the 2 year motor rule. We had our meeting and now we (ADCRA) can't run anything newer than a 2010. The reasoning was to keep the cost down, since the newer motors are supposed to be more powerful and if you wanted to keep up you'd have to buy a new motor to do this or so was the reasoning and keep the playing field level.. Hmmmmmmm.
    24modlite, some people will just not buy into the set up arguement no matter how hard you try. They just want to throw money at it.

44,The orginal intent of the rule was.......A guy went out and bought a NEW bike,pulled the engine,ran it all year,pulled the motor and placed it back in the bike and sold the bike.The following year he bought another NEW bike and you can guess the rest........ BTW He kicked a$$ both years and the Arizona Dwarf Car club brought in the 2year rule to stop that from happening again.Thats where the rule orginally came from 44.After that it just kinda stuck with new clubs that came along.

Mr. Jim

WOW! I never thought of that. Wish I had. Noooo, I'd have been stuck with a crotch rocket in Harley country. Good way to get a shop burnt to the ground.

Thank you, sir.. As a racer I could see that being a problem...

So what your saying is there aren't many stock motors I believe you told me you bought your brothers car that had a built motor in it but he changed the motor before you picked it up and didnt tell you and you went to Texas and it blew up because of a oil line loose so you had to buy another that's why your out more money! It's true all the horse power is nothing with out a good set up and a controlled driver which your brother had car controll set up built motor = championships! If new motors are allowed that's more h/p and if history repets what you told me about the motor you thought you had we'll the new ones will be built to for even more h/p if you can drive with a stock motor you can hang and beat the built ones I out ran several with Benny's old motor in the 14 and this year in the 13 we were accused of cheeting for a flashed ECM and joe installed a tell tell tac and it passed and the 88 and 18 and 1 was never questioned as you all were 2 times as fast as all others! So sure get new motors and build them again why not? But talent is a lot to do with it I believe! I won 10 features and a lot of heats this past year and I'm no where at all a perfect driver at all! But I also didnt wreck anyone or tear my stuff up at all! Joe you asked if I got a phone call to persuade me to vote for the 2year rule and no I didn't I just knew if they get new motors with more h/p they will build them too I exspect a lot of tec this year on motors if anyone is running like the 88 did for the last few years! I know you said you have seen no prof but why would a brother lie on a brother to the whole club I really hope you all have a great year this year and be safe! I think the 2 year is ok if they build them we can still hang but any newer and built no chance at all! You can't tell me the races wrent exciting and close why take that away! Like I said I know I'm not the best but I've beat some of our clubs best and think as a driver I have really grown and race smart clean and fair! Being beat every week buy a car with a built motor well what's fun in that cheeting is cheeting! My ECM no prof was ever found it passed inspection and it's how we bought it! See ya at the track seatbelts tight and ready to run for a championship! Good luck to all

Thanks for your résumé Cary.... lol.... Anyone need a driver?
    I told ya'll to prove it. Stop making accusations and prove it..
    I guess this is why you don't do business with family. The real argument here is the changing of the rules every year.

Keith proved it! I'm sorry joe I forgot your a way better driver! How did you do these past few years? Lol no LMFAO! Joe u know I'm just bs ING I agree with u and wish it would all go like we talked about smooth and a great season! See ya on the track!