Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National set of rules

Re: National set of rules

They do not take his money because he does not support the companies they are in bed with.(That god awful nose piece and the "IMCA" muffler)

I do completely agree with what you are saying on the level of the modlites when it comes to a set standard for rules. In my opinion, I dont think IMCA is the solution to that. There are alot of drivers upset with IMCA and I realize alot of that is natural, but I would just hate to see everyone count on IMCA to be the solution and than they are in the same spot in 5 years.

What is the likelihood of guys in the midwest getting a rules package put together that can atleast be universal here in the midwest? I realize this would hurt the travelers, but atleast for 90% of the races done each year that guys would hit would have the same rules. I'll PM you more info.

the imca nose piece is just an option....not mandatory...the imca muffler is an approved muffler...not for imca..but for the competition....theres power to be lost and gained in exhaust...some places dont require a muffler..but the places that do its easy to police just one muffler...you wouldnt want somebody spending a lot of money on a dyno for muffler testing when not everybody can afford that..its just a simple rule to keep everybody on a level playing field....the midwest is pretty much on the same rules...as far as anybody that travels anyway.

Hey everyone thanks for all the responses, I was actually hoping id get some responses concerning classics, so anyones thoughts on that?, does any one really think the differances between WSDCA and TUSA are great enough that these cars could not compete together and be competitive?

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb might be a good way to get exposure. I contacted Dan Skokan who is the director of competition. he said that Dwarf/Modlite/Legends are not yet running this class. I encourage anyone interested to email him with interest. I figured if we get a good number of interests they might make a class for us. This is one of the ten toughest races in the world. It would be televised and maybe give us the exposure we deserve. Not to mention how fun the experience would be. Dan's email is dskokan@ppihc.com. I would be interested in getting feedback on people who are interested in running this race here in Colorado. maybe we should start a petition to make it legit. I'm all in on this! Happy Racing and good luck in 2013!

I would think that since tusa having 2/3 and wsdcra have a third you would need to go with the tusa rules ,since they are the majority- but good luck changing that cause the man on the totem pole there won't change anything so good luck trying to change. Logic says that would be the ticket to keeping the classics on the same playing field. Good luck derek40

I've been going back through some of the old threads recently and this one seems to stick out because it has been around so long. I've gone through with it for 50 years, different organizations, same arguments. I said arguments because they were never discussions. If I can't have my way, you have got to be wrong. The whole world does this now. Before Hoosier made a dwarf tire, we (most tracks) said you could run any 8" tire that duro'd at 40 after the race, if my memory serves me correct. Then when Hoosier brought out the tire, we approved it because it would be cheaper to race. Of course this meant you had to have extra wheels and tires to race elsewhere, and we raced dirt and asphalt on the same weekends a couple of hundred miles apart, under the same organization. Then there was the extension above the hood, suspension higher than the tire, mufflers, quick changes and so on. TUSA did a great job when we raced at Eldora, those races were some of the best dirt races I have ever been part of. Maybe Tony would let us put on a show there again, maybe support for the big Truck race. The asphalt races at Ideal in Michigan were always great. We DO need a real set of national rules, between asphalt and dirt racers-I don't ever think that will happen-but it would be nice, maybe with a few minor changes. It won't happen because nobody is willing to do it for free, and racers aren't willing to pay for it. One final thought while I am rambling, I no longer race oval track because I had a pretty serious stroke, still want to, but I don't want to kill somebody because I am too stupid to stay out of the car. I do still travel to dwarf/mod races when they are in the areas I am in. The shows I've seen in the past 3 years were bad, really bad. When you don't see racing it hurts the exposure we do have, kinda like NASCAR, people don't ask for us, because they want to see racing. When the same car or cars spin 4 or 5 times in a 20 lap race, or cars are strung out clear around the track, that is not a good show. I've seen 26 shows this past year from Florida, Louisiana to Michigan/Pennsylvania, and really only 2 shows were worth watching. This is something that really needs addressed. I know when your car is hooking up, it is hard not to want to lap the field, it's not a good show, and that is what people pay to see. I know, I've been in the stands and hear what people are saying. The argument that the street stock guys show up in big numbers to race for nothing is because most have nothing in there cars and don't have to travel a couple of hundred miles to race. The disagreements about tires and wheels or quick changes, stock, built are little things when we can't put on a show. And one more quick question, what would a "crate" Suzuki cost from what factory? Just my 3 cents worth from an old man.