Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National set of rules

Re: National set of rules

That is why Stars, TUSA, whomever needs to go to the tracks promoters and or owners. Take the owner and racer out of it. The track then can say we go by these sets of rules and if you want to race this is what you'll run by. I hate to say it, but all these different groups and associations is what is hurting our class the most. As long as we the racer and or group can get ahold of the rules and change them, it's going to be a cluster ****.

2012 IMCA super nationals
    Late Model car count: 42, Payout $2000 to win
    Sport Compact car count: 55, Payout $250 to win
    Damn good car counts for little payout. Especially considering only 1 day shows. Must be another reason why they are racing there...

For every 1 guy that would quit running mod lites there would be another 2 or 3 new guys taking his place with a reliable, reputable national sanctioning body taking over. You would still have outlaw rules at places, but many racers want respected sanctioning that they can guarantee the rules won't drastically change from year to year.

Lol they are there for the party! Best vacation I have ever been on and will continue to go. But, it is still the same week as the big race in Canada. Maybe sometime next year I will talk to Brett Root, the VP of operations for IMCA, and see what his ideas are. I just worry that there will be drastic rule changes every year because IMCA is out to make $$$$ which I understand. I dont want to see the racing hurt because of it.

imca and drastic rule changes??? are you serious...they havent had a drastic rule change ever

Idk the crate motor in mods is a pretty drastic rule change. No lift arm was a big rule when all of the other bodies were allowing it and alot of guys were starting to. The spoiler was also a big rule change for the mods. That is 3 in the last 2 years.

the no lift arm? how drastic was that, the guys that had won still won when they took them off... they took the lift arm away because it was allowing more traction....which allows more motor...etc...it might of effected 5% of the racers. the crate motor is drastic? imca allowed them to buy a underpowered motor to compete...you dont have to, its just an option. so once again..not drastic....and spoiler is only allowed with cars that run a crate..and its a 3 inch spoiler...its mostly for identification purposes for fans to know whos running a 400 hp motor compared to the 650. so none of those rules were make it or break it rules or anything that cost the racers any money. nobody had to change anything on their cars last yr to be legal this year.

Do you know what drastic means? Brett Root has said numerous times in the past that you will never see spoilers on an IMCA amod so them allowing them is pretty drastic.

I can understand you believing that IMCA is the cure all for the sports problems, but from what I have experienced with them in the few years I have been around I just dont see it.

a 3 inch spoiler is not drastic, and its just an option...you dont have to run one...and only 5% will be able to run one...and those are for the people giving up almost 300 hp...you keep name dropping brett root like i dont know the man, talked to the man, been to his office, hung out with him, raced for his organization, etc etc etc.

Exactly my point. If you know who he is, than you realize that when he says something he means it. So if he has said that spoilers will never be in IMCA and than they happen, that would be drastic. I also think you are really underestimating this crate motor option. Just with drivers in the Boone/Mtown area, there are plenty of sport mods guys moving up just because of the crate. It would be idiotic not to use a spoiler if you were using the crate.

well obviously you have ran out of argument because nothing what you just said is drastic or a relevant...so what if they allow a tiny spoiler for a guy giving up almsot 300 hp. dont you think its a good move for somebody to allow a cheaper engine option? to spread the modified class out to get more regular mods? im done with this. you act like brett root makes up all of these rules. he just has the final stamp...he paid a lot of money to find a cheaper option thats competitive...for who? the racer!!!!! so on that...dont bother replying to this unless you have some sort of valid point. its going nowhere

m.m.m....my...my m....my momma said. My momma said th. that Brett Root is THE DEVIL! Your argument is invalid cuz my momma said...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin21 View Post
    well obviously you have ran out of argument because nothing what you just said is drastic or a relevant...so what if they allow a tiny spoiler for a guy giving up almsot 300 hp. dont you think its a good move for somebody to allow a cheaper engine option? to spread the modified class out to get more regular mods? im done with this. you act like brett root makes up all of these rules. he just has the final stamp...he paid a lot of money to find a cheaper option thats competitive...for who? the racer!!!!! so on that...dont bother replying to this unless you have some sort of valid point. its going nowhere
    I dont have a valid point and I havent since you started commenting because you keep trying to tell everyone what drastic is and what it is not. I just keep arguing with you to let you know that your an idiot. You seem to think that just because the rules dont apply to you, they are not drastic. You obviously have nothing to do with the modified division in IMCA and I understand that, but dont tell me your opinion on rules that dont apply to you especially if it is just your opinion.

Granted I did throw out those rules because I thought they were big deals to the guys here in Iowa.

Ill continue to post just to piss you off and not because I think I am right, but because you continue to think that your opinion is more important than the opinion of the people it really affects/deal with it all of the time.

So tell me your association with the imca modified.

I have been a full time(2-4 nights a week) pit crew member for 3 years. I spent 2 years prior to that with 2 modlite guys and still help them when I can. But with the modified, I am spending between 20-30 hours a week volunteering my time to help someone else. I dont have a financial stake in the car, but I do have the sweat investment. I plan to get in a car in either or both divisions in the future, but I am fresh out of college and have other priorities first.

so you are a helper on a modified team...that races 40 races a year...in the imca sanction....so your buddy you help on can afford to race that often....and yet imca is just out to take his money and make him spend so much year to year because of their drastic changes....well i am a full time sponsor to a modified team that races 2 times a week...and i help buddy work on his car...and i help another buddy...and i own two racecars....and i race....and i spend my own money and i spend my own time to do it. ive raced for imca..ive raced under tusa rules..ive raced under stars rules...with imca...i knew my car could sit in the shop all winter long and a couple weeks before season i could put gas in it and maybe a minor change here and there i could do in a day i could be ready for opening season....with the mod lites every year it seems like we have to wait till beginning of year to see what engine rule is going to be changed to see whats best for us. not only with that...what rules texas is gonna use..what rule is iowa gonna use. what rule is kansas city gonna use, what rule is nebraska gonna use...etc etc etc....im not saying imca is the way to go...but they are by far the best sanctioning body in the country right now for the weekly racers. if we could get somebody to model what they have done with the mod lites and get everybody in the country on the same page....racing a mod lite could be fun again