Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: velocity stacks-air cleaners-air box

I dont have a problem running either one, a stock air box, or after market air box, but to say one model aftermarket box is legal and another isn't, is not the way to go....

im not sure what we need to do just yet either but im sure if we try hard enough we can make most happy and the mfgs as well.it will all ways be something so we all have to try to please as many as we can.im with greg it doesnt matter to me but if it does to the drivers and oweners we have to listen to what they say.i for one have to be better at answering some of the questions.i dont have answers to all but have to try to remove as many of the gray areas as we can.

How many stock airbox's are at the dirt track anyway? All classes? Cant think of any.

Harry

Banned
    I will say this with all jokes and negativity set aside that I believe what happened in the Texas Series this year was a success and the rules as they came out in the beginning were about as inclusive to all as they could be. We have been running aftermarket airboxes for years and running one stock from the bike is just a bit much of going too far back. I would like to see these new aftermarket velocity stacks at a better price though if there is going to be an issue of cost for everyone to have them. If cost is the issue, and the cost is not affordable to ALL, then go back to rubber stock motor stacks with our aftermarket filter set ups we all have been using for years for the collective Texas Series races. I know that as this series continues to grow more out of state racers will try to be a part of it. The least changes anyone has to make to come participate with you, the better. I am not talking about your regular season races though.

I am pretty sure the boys in Arkansas are allowed to run velocity stacks, so if the infamous dirt dobber is ever a reality at the track, feel free to put one on there... We all know that coming to Texas will never happen with you either, but just in case, we run them also...

Banned
    Personally, I am for them. We are not far away. Steering be done next week. Header and Muffler will be bolted on as well. Wiring Harness done at Peter D and awaiting me sending them ECU etc for testing it. Get it back and wiring it all up. Accelerator cable and clutch cable to be put on next week. Shifter is totally done as of a few days ago. All that will be left in about two weeks is special order of Winters QC and a set of Velocity Stacks from MC Performance.

All that is left to do on my Modlite is side panel graphics, move my fuel cell to a better location, move my battery to where I now put them, and get a new Deka dry cell for it and do away with the weak motorcycle battery.

Wait a second... GRT is making mod lites now? Oh my bad this is still doc.
    Use a lawn mower battery. It's all you need if you still have your stator inside your "stock" motor...

Banned
    Dont like em. Look at the way i hang the battery under durtslinger post on shiw your rides. I have my reasons.

DCR Supporter
    Stock rubber intake boots are what we run in SW modlites in Az. We allow modifying the stock box, or a filter like an ITG. But when you pull the top of box off or ITG off-its suppose to be the stock rubber intake boots. I think the early year GSXR's had 2 different length stacks inside, then changed in later years...take a pic (like tb said) to know the different years maybe.I agree with Sebie...we need to keep the cost down wherever we can-somethings we don't have much control over...but the things we do-We should..my 2 cents

If you run the 07 and newer R1 they have the stacks inside the box that moves up and down as needed. The 07-08 R1's you just cut the back of the box off mount a plate for the ITG air filter and it works great. The 09 and newer R1's are a challenge they have the extra set of injectors on the top. The tubes are not as tall as the 07-08 but they still work great. My stock air box sticks up but it works great I cut the back of it off and put a pre filter over the stock air box.

It's not worth 900.00 to me to get the same thing the stock air box will do.

The rule would have to be very detailed to cover all of the the different size stacks from year to year.

I don't think anybody needs stacks as long as I run an R1. BUTT if I change brands of motor I may need some stacks......................

The stock rubber boots for that year model sounds fair might reduce the cost I don't know.

Looking forward to being at the Grand for the first time. Good Luck Everybody

"If you run the 07 and newer R1 they have the stacks inside the box that moves up and down as needed."

Well how is that fair????? Just another perfect example of another Small issue turned big. How is it fair that one engine can have better stacks than others? Quess if we go stock stacks I will have to buy a R1 with nice auto adjust stacks. LOL

Harry

we will get this all worked out there are people working on the rules for next year already and really dont think this needs to bought up on this board all over again.
    thanks sebie davis 214-802-4021

Re: velocity stacks-air cleaners-air box

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I'm with 1545 on this. NO way to get it right. Whats the difference in rubber or alum Sebie? Cost? On another post they where talking about length of headers. That effects performance also. Headers cost alot, is if fair that some guy has 2 or 3 headers to change for length of track? These are all small things to me. You cant take money out of racing. Just make simple rules and allow all to race. Texas Series rules are fine to me.

Bryan H
    i do not agree with your views.
    to know any type of classified please visit this site
    Top Ten classified website