Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: velocity stacks-air cleaners-air box

velocity stacks-air cleaners-air box

i know this may sound crazy and it may be the way the ntsrs goes for 2013.after reading all the post on here about this subject and talking to a few of our guys.what we are thinking is stock 1000 engine with any air box-cleaner are air filter you want just have to run stock rubber velocity stacks that came with that engine.just my 2 cents
    sebie davis

I agree and what I was trying to get at

Do these air cleaners have to have the stock plate that attaches to the injectors also...

Dang your attitude has changed. Your not going to tell him he can kiss your ass as well.
    My it uses the original base plate with the rubber velocity stacks that are stock.
    I think this rule should be this year and that everyone should follow suit. Don't see how you think its worth allowing when they can cost half what the whole motor kit costs. What's the point of going to stock to save money then.

no just stock rubber velocity stacks and i think 2013 is soon enough we only have 2 or 3 races left
    as of right now this is just for the ntsrs weekly shows but i think it needs to be for the big races as well.
    im sure the mfg can still sell plenty of the after market systems will just have to make were stock rubber velcity stacks will work.
    we all need to remember this is just a hobby and it should be fun win-lose-are draw.
    we all need to try a little harder to get on the same page and make this sport as big as it should be and can be.
    after reading some of the post on this some were saying the velocity stacks didnt matter it was just the bettter air cleaners that they liked.
    if that is true then this could be the answer to make everybody happy.WOUNDNT THAT BE THE DAY
    thanks sebie davis
    Last edited by SDR51; 10-07-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: THANKS SEBIE

Buck, my attitude has not changed, I just want to prove a point... You are not interested in saving money, all you want to do is cause problems, and attempt to make your air cleaner legal and make others illegal... If it is money you are wanting to save, install that stock air box you are destroying to build a new one... You are building one that has way more air filter surface, which allows more air, which changes things... Lets run stock air boxes, or lets run aftermarket airboxes... Now is it the price your worried about or the changing something, because your airbox cost money and changes things, I realize you are too stupid to know that, so I pointed it out to you... Good luck with you campaign

I agree with better air filtration Greg and if we need to run the stock air cleaner I have it as well. You need to grow up and get over the fact that I am better than you and get off your podium against me. You already got me banned from your club so one less car for your car count great job you deserve a pat on the back.
    In all my post I believe but maybe you can not read what I write but it does say velocity stacks not filters.

And I'm not really sure what point you proved maybe that when it is someone you have power over you talk different than someone you don't. I guess I got that point maybe sebie can see why I had problems with you and might second his name being on that letter based on you and mikes word about me.

And Greg for your opinion no its not about money for me. Its about money for all the other people that we race against on a budget and can not afford one. Do you forget how little we race for maybe you should think about the little guys that do want to run up front. You changed to mod lights and yes me and you have one because in your quest for one you said they were equal well I disagree with that and I feel a big advantage racing the regular crowd. Yes there are an exception to the rules with a few guys that can really set up a car and can win in a classic. But at regular shows it is not fair in my opinion. And now you want to allow another big money item so you can keep up why don't you run a stock box anymore

Buck, it is not personal for me, I would be against any idiot like you trying to do what your doing... I am not running a stock airbox because the rules say we don't have too... Why are you even worried about rules, you do not have to take your car to tech at SOS, which is the only track you can place high enough to go to tech this year... I have only ran two Texas series features this year, first one I never saw you, but then again I hung out in the front... Second one I raced in, I started in the back and and passed you like you were tied to a stump on my way to the front... You passed me once this season and you yourself told me you could not have caught me if it were not for lap traffic... So I am jot to worried about your being better than me either... I am not that fast, and there are alot of guys better than me, but you are not one of them... Once again, hope you having fun in Buck Land...

Quote Originally Posted by godspeed 20 View Post
    Buck, it is not personal for me, I would be against any idiot like you trying to do what your doing... I am not running a stock airbox because the rules say we don't have too... Why are you even worried about rules, you do not have to take your car to tech at SOS, which is the only track you can place high enough to go to tech this year... I have only ran two Texas series features this year, first one I never saw you, but then again I hung out in the front... Second one I raced in, I started in the back and and passed you like you were tied to a stump on my way to the front... You passed me once this season and you yourself told me you could not have caught me if it were not for lap traffic... So I am jot to worried about your being better than me either... I am not that fast, and there are alot of guys better than me, but you are not one of them... Once again, hope you having fun in Buck Land...
    Dang was four races you beat me now two this changes as much as the rules do and you question my memory.

Just so you know I never said this was a question for the texana rules I think it says constructive rules discussion just you and Brian don't know when not to make it a personal thing.

Ive got the perfect solution, there are two clubs that run classics and do not allow velocity stack... There you go...

Ok so devils advocate here... If you guys are going to go stock boots only, are you guys going to know which rubber boots go with which year engine? I have 3 different year gixxer air boxes with 3 different sets of rubber boots. Heck even 2 of them have 2 different height rubber boots in the same airbox. and one or two of them are shaped to allow better intake from the stock air box that pretty much means it is going to suck air right next to the filter element. If you are going to go stock boots, you should probably take pictures of ever known different year of engine for a difference that way noone is taking 02 boots on 08 motors and things like that.
    Or, just change the rules to say no velocity stacks, that way everyone can run what rubber boots they want/find, but hell if you have friends in the right places you can even have the rubber boots modified easily as well.

i know there isnt a good answer to the question and we may have to word the rules to say just rubber stacks but your right they can and will fine a way to change them as well.
    we all know racers are racers and well enough isnt well enough.i have a itg filter on a car with a gsxr and the stacks hit the top of the filter.

Or just say individual K&N, R2C (if they make individual filters) or Uni. No stacks are involved with either one, but would you still have to make or have a base plate made for some of the newer motors not to mention the secondary fuel rail on some. Then you'd be limiting the choice and year of motor you could run... It's just a big MESS!

yell not sure how are what we are gonna do just yet

I'm with 1545 on this. NO way to get it right. Whats the difference in rubber or alum Sebie? Cost? On another post they where talking about length of headers. That effects performance also. Headers cost alot, is if fair that some guy has 2 or 3 headers to change for length of track? These are all small things to me. You cant take money out of racing. Just make simple rules and allow all to race. Texas Series rules are fine to me.

Bryan H