Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mc performance monty

mc performance monty

Maybe you missed my question in all that mess.
    Does your velocity stacks alter the stock fuel induction in any way.
    I pretty much know my opinion but figured you could clear this up for the rest of the nation. You are normally one of the first ones to respond to my post.

I guess everyone can take that it does if you refuse to respond like you have been doing.

I'm begining to think, after reading ALL the posts on this subject, that you have hit on a very touchy subject 6565! I think that a very simple YES or No answer to your question is needed.

it doesn't alter the fuel induction in any way shape or form. it just bolts on in place of the stock airbox

I agree DC and I understand why it is a touchy subject as well. $$$$$$$$ makes it touchy if not legal he won't sell as many so i believe that is why he is not answering me. And all the people that have them don't want an expensive wall ornament as well but like they told me if you have a question about a rule ask first or else take the chance that it might become illegal and lose your advantage and money.

So before I bought one I brought this to everyone's attention.

I also know Monty always has responded to all my post even when it was to do with nothing of his interest. So his lack of response should speak loudly to all and I would not have singled him out if it were not for his smart ass comments. He opened the door for me.

And second everyone that has responded should put if they own one or not I do not and I do know Brian and Greg do so can understand there opposition not sure about the rest

Hey Jackass. I do have one. Did not even buy it, so shit dont matter to me. I won 3 Texas grands in a row without it. Some 70 plus features without it. Unlike some peoples opinion always legal and by the rules. The airbox is legal, so do you want to change the rules? If so, contact the people over the clubs. Oh, forgot you cant, because they dont like you. My honest opinion is you are worried about SMALL things here. Have you really thought about this as far as rules go? How are you going to enforce this? Every year make and model will have to be researched. You will have to know how every single one of them came from the factory. Kinda like Ren getting DQed a few grands ago for having adjustable cam sprockets on his R1 and they came that way from the factory. Tech area got way over their heads and so will you with this. Stock velocity stacks bolted to the throttle bodies just as they came from the factory? Stock stacks on top of some other plate that bolts to the throttle bodies? Stock stacks bolted on top of another extended tube and plate? 2 short stacks and 2 long like the zx10 came with? What the hell does the 02 GSXR have? I dont know and I bet you dont either. You are the Texas version of Wingjesus, just a virus trying your best to start shit while your setting at home. This class will never grow with guys like you. Texas Series races will never get outside cars to come with your ideas.

My 2 Cents,
    Sheriff

PS. 3 different threads about the same thing? Come on.
    PSS. Monte will not respond? Get the hint, or I can help you. He doesnt want to talk to you.
    PSSS. Guess you will need to buy a Rosson if you get one.

I know you dont want my opinion you just like getting a rise out of me. There you go.

5-0

PS. Put someone in your car for the remaining races!!! Car is not kicked out, Just YOU.

Banned
    Man, this 5-0 guy is a real arrogant jerk. In the Late Model or Modified big boy racer world, no racer would be kicked out of a racing series over a concern over a rule just because the ones running the show did not like him or his questioning of the rules.

velocity stacks-air cleaners-air box

i know this may sound crazy and it may be the way the ntsrs goes for 2013.after reading all the post on here about this subject and talking to a few of our guys.what we are thinking is stock 1000 engine with any air box-cleaner are air filter you want just have to run stock rubber velocity stacks that came with that engine.just my 2 cents
    no just stock rubber velocity stacks and i think 2013 is soon enough we only have 2 or 3 races left
    as of right now this is just for the ntsrs weekly shows but i think it needs to be for the big races as well.
    im sure the mfg can still sell plenty of the after market systems will just have to make were stock rubber velcity stacks will work.
    we all need to remember this is just a hobby and it should be fun win-lose-are draw.
    we all need to try a little harder to get on the same page and make this sport as big as it should be and can be.
    after reading some of the post on this some were saying the velocity stacks didnt matter it was just the bettter air cleaners that they liked.
    if that is true then this could be the answer to make everybody happy.WOUNDNT THAT BE THE DAY
    thanks sebie davis davis

come on guys im sure we can make this work without all the crap.we have a lot of guys in our series that run stock velocity stacks and air cleaners
    the stock rubber velocity stacks shouldnt be that hard.after reading all the post on here its not about the rules its all about who likes who and who doesnt like who.if we want this to grow we are gonna have to TRY A LITTLE HARDER TO WORK TOGETHER how about we spend more time trying to make this more fun and more even for everybody.
    just remember all it takes is a very few to screw up everything we have worked hard to get started and all the bs needs to stop this is a HOBBY.
    THANKS SEBIE DAVIS
    214-802-4021
    Last edited by SDR51; 10-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.

From my understanding Buck or what I've read on here. You've altered a stock box in some fashion to create better airflow? What's the difference in the 2? I do not have either one of these intakes.. Want one, just broke.
    Seb, Are you wanting to make something illegal just because of the material it's made out of? They are both velocity stacks, plain and simple. You know in racing people are going to spend money just to spend money. Like building motors and such.
    These air breathers do not alter the fuel induction in any way.

hello mechanic 44
    no i dont want to make something illegal just on whats its made of but talking to our guys sofar that run our weekly shows the stock rubber velocity stacks is what they want to do.
    i understand the spending just to be spending i have been racing for 43 years and we are all crazy.i understand if you win this week with green wheels then next week 4 more guys will have green wheels.we will never make everybody happy but have to keep trying to
    oh no i shoulnt have said that now we will have to make green wheels illegal

lol.

That is the truth! lol. Are ya'll going to have a grandfather rule or just vote em out?

Re: mc performance monty

Btt