Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Velocity stacks

Velocity stacks

Do after market velocity stacks like MC alter the stock fuel induction.

And also if this class is supposed to be on a budget would it not be simple to make these illegal. Thus saving everyone money for buying them if they do make a difference. This is adding performance so they say if so why are they legal what happened to stock motor to save money. Guess all the people that make the rules already own one so they will keep them legal and make these guys rich since the whole country will have one at this rate.

Theres no way to please everyone, some are going to bitch no mater what, just their nature.

Regarding velocity stacks and HP.
    All things being equal the shorter the intake tract the more PEAK HP a motor can make but its going to do it in a smaller RPM range.
    Lengthening the intake track makes HP over a broader RPM range but you give up a little on top.
    Short track racing is all about how fast you can accelerate a car out of a corner and down a straight for 4 seconds at a time. Thats it, just 4 seconds.
    The bike motors everyone uses makes great PEAK HP, thats what their designed to do, PEAK HP to make great Peak MPH. Their very good at it.
    You guys are running 1300 lbs cars on tight tracks with the throttle down for only 4 seconds at a time. Not what the motors were designed for.
    To turn a crotch rocket motor into a great short track motor you need to improve the corner exit power because thats their weak spot and thats what velocity stacks are really all about.
    Its what I have been preaching from day one in my thread, corner exit power.
    There is no such thing as a perfect setup, you have to come up with a good BALANCE of mid-range power for corner exit and then peak power for the second half of the straight. To much of one or the other and the BALANCE suffers.
    We have tested stacks down to 2" long and up to 7" long and all different diameters to come up with what I believe is a great PACKAGE but that said, everything being equal shorter makes more PEAK HP.

Monte

Monty,
    Glad you responded my question maybe you missed it or just forgot but does your intake since it is yours not some one else's alter the fuel induction. I understand that if you can not set up a car this extra torque does not help but say you can set up a car than it is an advantage. So for instance Bryan Henry great at setting up a car you should agree I know for a fact he can him having it and saying it helps as much as he says in your post it does then for us few that are trying to catch him and are getting close we will have to have one also so we leave no advantage on the table to catch him. If this is the case I see why you are so upset but it is an advantage and yes you are making lots of money off this when a simple fix would be to make it illegal and set your car up to roll the center better to keep rpms up in the range you want them instead of fixing the motor

If no one can run them than everyone has to set up there car the same with less power. If some run the velocity stacks and some don't you are allowing a bought advantage

Monty,
    Glad you responded my question maybe you missed it or just forgot but does your intake since it is yours not some one else's alter the fuel induction. I understand that if you can not set up a car this extra torque does not help but say you can set up a car than it is an advantage. So for instance Bryan Henry great at setting up a car you should agree I know for a fact he can him having it and saying it helps as much as he says in your post it does then for us few that are trying to catch him and are getting close we will have to have one also so we leave no advantage on the table to catch him. If this is the case I see why you are so upset but it is an advantage and yes you are making lots of money off this when a simple fix would be to make it illegal and set your car up to roll the center better to keep rpms up in the range you want them instead of fixing the motor

If no one can run them than everyone has to set up there car the same with less power. If some run the velocity stacks and some don't you are allowing a bought advantage

Most rules I have read say stock fuel induction so it should be illegal I believe already. Since the changes air fuel ratio

Do you even know how fuel injection works 65?

New shocks and springs are a bought advantage, new tires are a bought advantage, and most would say a new $20,000 modlite is a bought advantage... Are you saying we should make these not legal also... I mean since you can't afford a breather and everything...

I think you might be on to something there Greg maybe all those things are why your car count has shrunk from thirty to four.
    I did not say I could not afford it I can but lots can't if like has been said this is a budget sport a motor advantage is costly I have never ran a velocity stack a power commander or any motor performance. But if its as simple as follow the rules and not change stock induction then why not I force it.
    I know in your club they are legal even know it does not say it. You have one maybe that's why you can keep up now. If the law maker and enforcer has one don't think its going to be illegal. But you still don't have a copy of the rules yet do you

If they are no advantage why do so many other people have them what do they do to justify the cost.
    If hey are an advantage why have them legal to cost the racers extra money to be on a fair field.

Greg not sure when you won last but I bet you got paid less than two hundred how is that extra cost a benefit to any racer except you trying to beat me

Bryan Henry in your post Buck?? Come on. I agree with Greg. You have a brand new turn key car. I am driving a 2003 H&E that I am sure if I ask you is cheated up to no end. We have a local dyno and I have posted dyno sessions before with the cheated up ECU. If you will come up and pay the $150 dyno fee we can go back with all the nice air boxes. I have a stock box, ITG and Performance, Veach has a Kinser and the Rossen. Lets go put this one to rest. I'm ready when you are. We can video the session and post for all the world to see. I have always promoted stock motors and I will do anything to get the 30 cars to show back up, BUT no matter what the rules are there are people that will never be happy and the same guys will run up front. Its called preparation and dedication.

Bryan H

Bryan I have never accused you of cheating you are not fast at all tracks because of cheating it is set up but if you have this advantage I need it as well to try to keep up as you said when we talked along time ago about bodies you said you only had that ugly classic body because it was legal and you could not give away that advantage. If the valocity is no advantage why do you run it. And from the post on here beach has one as well now so MC says. Why have to spend the money. I have a new car yes big deal once I can set it up it might help me I did not buy it and I was against having mod lights worried it would drop car count which it has and afraid it will do in Houston as well I have a new mod light yet have expressed that I think Houston should not go to them. Its not about money to me its about being fair and at a reasonable budget for all we are pricing most people out of it.why so a few can get bigger and better toys to race with less cars does not make any since.
    Of course all that are responding have these intakes

Bryan so you are saying there is no performance advantage. If there is should they be legal still

airbox

Quote Originally Posted by 6565 View Post
    Bryan so you are saying there is no performance advantage. If there is should they be legal still
    well pigs are flying and its snowing in hell. i have one of the airbox, but i AGREE with with buck... i know i know who would have thought. buck is saying it dont matter if a preformance advantage or not..( STOCK IS STOCK) if mill my head ,over port it, twist the cams and see no gain on the dyno can i run it ? the answer is.. NO!! its not stock.

Buck, yes they are an advantage...HP is minimal but the torque is the key. Flashing the ECU is also an advantage so you can adjust the mid-range air fuel ratio and if you got deep pockets can adjust your revlimiter along with the midrange to keep the motor pulling. You can run a taller gear and increase your mph without loosing the torque coming out of the corners (this usually what happens when you run a taller gear without the ECU & Velocity Stack enhancements).

Bryan, I have read every post even back before yall "banned him" and Buck has never accused you of cheating and I too feel that you are an "Awesome Set Up Guy" and that is your direct advantage over most racers; you can turn an average mid pack car into a contender. He is just asking what the advantage is to having the velocity stacks.

Monte did answer him in a smart ass way and hope Buck understood the advantage. Greg is right, new shocks, tires, motor, velocity stacks and flashed ECU as well as new $20K car are all advantages but it all goes back to set up regardless of having a 2003 H&E or 2012 Pro/Lightning/Leader.

In my opinion yall did Buck wrong and I feel there should have been some sort of a warning prior to the death sentence. He has not cheated and has finished in the top 5 in almost every event; he just asked for rules clarifications and where to find them so he can make sure he is playing with in the rules. And we all know he can afford any gadgets or enhancements that are available.

Donnie Hunt