Thread: Bilstein Modified Lite STARS Tour Bulletin 2012-3 (Shocks)

Bilstein Modified Lite STARS Tour Bulletin 2012-3 (Shocks)

2012 Rule(s) Bulletin

Bulletin 2012-3 February 16th, 2012

The following rule amendments are in regard to the following Modified Lite STARS International Championship Tour rules dated January 1, 2012.

Amendment are in regard to the following Modified Lite STARS International Championship Tour.

25. SUSPENSION

h. Shocks must be of all-steel construction, non-adjustable type. May not be of a type that allows disassembly.

Change to Read:

25. SUSPENSION

h. Shocks must be of all-steel construction, non-adjustable type. May not be of a type that allows disassembly.

NOTE: Schrader Valves or any custom modified valving that is similar will not be allowed in any application within the rules of the Modified Lite STARS Tour.

The Bilstein SG Series 6 7 travel shocks are approved and recommended for use within the Modified Lite STARS International Racing Tour.

This is great news bill. I am very sure the stars will enforce their rules.

Shocks...

Quote Originally Posted by meadows View Post
    This is great news bill. I am very sure the stars will enforce their rules.
    I understand what this is trying to accomplish but what really is the difference whether you can see a valve/port/plug etc.. on the side of a shock or not? Or the shocks are sent to a builder and custom valved and not seen? Racers are already doing it, even racers running STARS. I`m not trying to start an arguement, just curious what the difference is. Thanks.

The difference is the rules state NO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS therefore you should not have ANYTHING other than a stock steel body shock on a race car. Why make rules if your going to let them be broken? If guys have shocks sent out and re valved and they still appear stock then there is really nothing that can be done, but, if there is a schrader valve on the shock to adjust your pressures then that is cheating. Everyone has their own ideas about making a car go faster and handle better, but to put a valve or anything similar on a stock shock is plain outright cheating and should not be allowed. P.S. I'm sure if anything like this is on a car at a stars race it will be taken care of properly, just follow the rule's that your sanctioning body set's and there will not be problems like we have seen in the past. This sport cost enough already without this kind of B.S. How much more will it cost when you start bending the rules for a favored few or those that have money to piss away?

Thumbs up well said meadows

Quote Originally Posted by meadows View Post
    The difference is the rules state NO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS therefore you should not have ANYTHING other than a stock steel body shock on a race car. Why make rules if your going to let them be broken? If guys have shocks sent out and re valved and they still appear stock then there is really nothing that can be done, but, if there is a schrader valve on the shock to adjust your pressures then that is cheating. Everyone has their own ideas about making a car go faster and handle better, but to put a valve or anything similar on a stock shock is plain outright cheating and should not be allowed. P.S. I'm sure if anything like this is on a car at a stars race it will be taken care of properly, just follow the rule's that your sanctioning body set's and there will not be problems like we have seen in the past. This sport cost enough already without this kind of B.S. How much more will it cost when you start bending the rules for a favored few or those that have money to piss away?

i get tired of hearing about people that do crap like this all the time, these people that do this kind of cheating can't beat the low budget people with out cheating ,us low buget racers have to make everything we put on our cars so we can race every week, and why make rules that we are going to stick to???? and there is no such thing as a gray area????? and the people that make the rules should not be racers or own cars thats just my opinion.