Thread: Bazzaz Fuel Managment!

Bazzaz Fuel Managment!

What is everybodies complaints? Why is there a large group that doesnt want the open motors to run it? Bazzaz that is!

Let me tell you why I own a Bazzaz. It is an insurance policy for my newly built Crutchfield 1070. If your motor runs too lean too long it will blow up.
    Bazzaz self mapping will tell you were fuel is needed so this wont happen. I wouldnt run this motor without it. It would be stupid to! My first run with
    a bazzaz was shocking. I pulled in, hooked up the laptop and it told me that in the upper rpms that I needed 28% more fuel. WOW! Now thats shocking.
    And thats running a standard or stock AFR target (air fuel ratio target) of 13.

All of you that dont want us "Open Motor" guys or girls to run a Bazzaz should try one and you'll know what I'm talking about. TUSA raised the weight on
    open motors just for that reason of opening up the electronics for them. If you take out Bazzaz lower the weight back to 1350# I guess.

And why run stock or spec at 1250# if your a bigger guy and cant get to 1250#????!!!!! You tell me!!!

Who is this "large group" you speak of. Hadn't seen any posts about it until you just mentioned it, or did I miss something?

Well,,, my guess would be that for the average racer in this class, myself included; can't afford the added money of the Bazzaz unit much less the money for the spec or 1070 motors.. With that being said, I understand that the ones that can, will and I'm not complaining about it. If I could afford to do it I would. Trust me. But, there is a die hard core of racers that want it to be completely stock.. No changes whatsoever and their arguement would be that if you would just run a stock motor you wouldn't have had that problem in the first place....
    is it just the Bazzaz unit or all aftermarket units?

There is a update coming out about the Bazzaz, should be posted this weekend on TUSA web site

It looks like I'm just going to run a Power Commander 5 with Auto Tune then.