Thread: TUSA 2012 rule proposal

TUSA 2012 rule proposal

This is a sad day for me in modlite racing. For the first time in five years of modlite racing under TUSA rules guidelines I feel at a distinct disadvantage for being a larger man. Up until the current proposed rules package a man of 235lbs with an average factory built, well equipped car, he had two choices of weight divisions to competitively compete within 10lbs of the 1300 or 1350 lbs depending on engine size chosen. I have never competed with a ZX-12r engine that I spent more than $1100.00 on. The dollars to switch to a 1K engine program was the only reason I haven’t.
    If the point of weight penalty was to discourage the use of larger than 1K engines, the #1250 1K stock bore stroke “run what you brung” is going to force a large man to look even harder at utilizing “open motor” program ,because of the 60+lbs advantage a 155lbs person that can make 1250lbs.
    My suggestion would be to leave the Stock/Spec engines at 1300lbs and raise the “open motor program to 1375 lbs. 125 lbs IS JUST TO MUCH penalty!!!!!
    I have been a 100% supporter of TUSA as the national weekly, low cost set of rules to compare apples to apples regionally and nationally. It’s kinda ironic that the cockpit has been enlarged to fit a larger driver, but the 125lbs current proposal weight split forces him into the open motor program.
    Just for reference that the weights were not that far off last year, at the 2000K to win show at Minny with 40+ cars in the pits on a very fast heavy, horsepower eating track ,The top five results were mixed from each division.
    1st open @ 1350
    2nd stock @ 1250
    3rd stock @ 1300+
    4th zx12 @ 1350
    5th stock @ 1300+
    Less than 20% of the cars in attendance @ minny were less than 1300lbs.
    Think about this fellow racers. WHEN in the future TUSA totally eliminates the Open class motor program we will be stuck at 1250lbs across the board which 70% or more of cars can’t make. I urge everyone to contact Tusa about this weight rule.
    Duane
    02bRACING

Wow,not even a fat joke? Where's a Doctor when you need one.

Fat guy walks into a bar, He says "ouch that hurt!"

I didnt see much point in changing engine rules, thought they were pretty decent where they were.

And I'm just seeing the whole new seatback rule being more a can of worms than a help for big guys. When dwarfs and modlites want to run together, most dwarf guys would cite that seatback rule as being why dwarfs could not compete with modlites due to the extra rear % being able to be gained. Real dwarf car rules seatback rule was 60" compared to modlites 63". Now if someone comes out with a 65" seatback car and starts winning, I see people making the same excuses and staying home.
    Theres a lot of stuff you can do to make a car roomy for a fat guy, i just dont see how changing a basic frame rule that 12 years of cars are made to is going to help.

And 235lbs?? tell that kid of yours to eat more!

i totally agree