Thread: Motor Rules for TUSA!!! Everybody read!

Motor Rules for TUSA!!! Everybody read!

I talked to Walt Breeding of TUSA and he informed me that NO 2009 or 2010 will condsidered until 2013. And there will be clarifications and limitations put on electronics for 2012.
    So, be careful when considering your 2012 motor program. Just to let everyone know that runs TUSA Rules.
    He also mentioned that the NEW TUSA Rules will be posted NO later than Monday Dec. 19th (tomorrow). Just go to www.t-usa.org for more info.
    Thanks,
    Corbin Pickerill

New rules are posted!!!!!! Stock motor is the way to go if you ask me. Open motor now has to weigh 1375 lbs.
    AND Aluminum Spindles are LEGAL!!!!
    There is NO "SPEC MOTOR" program to weigh 1300. Its either "STOCK" 1250 lbs. or "OPEN MOTOR" 1375 lbs.
    Last edited by CorbinRay; 12-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Actually stock was eliminated and spec was renamed stock.
    Last edited by canuck1; 12-19-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Well, after all the turmoil last years rules created, I think they got it right this time around. 125# is a good incentive to stay stock, and you can still pro-long engine wear with the pan, air box, and tfi (or other fuel device.) I for one applaud the changes to the weight groups, and also for allowing the aluminum spindles. Hopefully the visual evidence from the Kansas races helped make those decisions a little easier.

I guess my only question is which way do we interpret the "after market air filter." Does that mean velocity stacks are also allowed in the stock/spec weight class, or are we sticking with stock stacks? I only ask, because I know it will be an issue if not addressed.
    Last edited by jr_t1t; 12-19-2011 at 09:08 AM.

And most people will miss this change. allows for bigger drivers

c. Bottom of seat will not be more than 65" back measured from upper ball
    joint.
    d. Seat may be tilted back for added driver head clearance, however, no
    portion of the seat may be back more than 74" as measured above.

Old rules were 63"setback with max of 70" seatback

Also Bazzaz fuel management is taken away for stock engines, but doesnt specify if its allowed or not for the open engines?

I think the rules are clear. Bazzaz is NOT allowed in the STOCK motor class and it isnt specified in the OPEN motor class for a reason. It is allowed in the OPEN motor class.
    Justin, you ARE right. Velocity stacks will be the BIG question in the stock class.
    canuck1, you are NOT correct. They did away with SPEC and its only STOCK or OPEN motor now. Please read the rules on the website.
    SPEC you could have adjustable cam gears! In STOCK they are forbidden! Its either keep it STOCK or put a BUNCH of money into it to make it OPEN!
    There is quite a few drivers that run the Bazzaz are there OPEN motors! Im sure you know all the drivers that do, just as I do. Names do not need to be mentioned!
    Last edited by CorbinRay; 12-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

That's great. I already have an '09 engine installed, since my Blackbird bit the dust. So by anticipating the approval of older motors according to previous years' custom, I can't enter events using these rules. Thanks for the continuity.

Actually Canuk1 is right. They got rid of stock and are now calling "spec" engines of last year "stock" this year.
    Difference between stock and spec in 2011 was oil pans, Fuel management device, aftermarket filters, and adjustable cams. now all of these are allowed in the 2012 "stock" engines.

Basically what tusa did was went back to the 2010 "stock" engine rules and everything else now weighs 1375

I'd like some official clarification on whether bazzaz is allowed in open motors or not. STARS 2011 rules had them banned for all weight classes already (minus a spelling error technicality) and rumor was TUSA was going to follow suit.

from the 2012 "stock" rules
    All head components must remain stock, (except cam sprockets
    may be adjustable type)
    . Cams must be as per original equipment
    manufactured (OEM) and must meet specs as per manufacturer
    and remain in original position.
    Last edited by tb1545; 12-19-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Enough said!

NO HOGGIN OUT OF PORTS (INTAKE OR EXHAUST) AND THAT INCLUDES CYLINDERS! FOR THE STOCK CLASS!!!