Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire ownership / track surcharge for hold over.

Jason
    Trust me I don't think you disagree with me. I am just trying to represent a hand full of the guys that have questioned it. I have raced enduros and the equivalent of the cyclones at other tracks. Those are clearly defined as entry level divisions. The question I have is, our we an entry level division? No one at the track is racing to make a profit. We our all there for fun and as a hobby. My only question is where do we fit in at the track. As you move up divisions the cost goes up why not the pay out? Yes the entry level division pays $10 for tire stamping we pay $25. But wait with ten cars fourth pays $40 in the cyclones and $25 for us. With 15 cars fourth pays $55 in the cyclones and $25 for us. By the way the way I have been told to tighten the belts and get ready cause you can wheel a racecar. I look forward to racing with you It's going to be fun. See ya at the meeting.

Dennis

thats crap becouse i have ran the same tires for 4 season this will be my 5th. so y sould i pay them becouse i take care of my car and my tires. tell everyone in your class not to pay. the track would rather see u come in the gate so they can make their money. so what are they going to do if no one pays it bar everyone and loose their entry money i dont think so

Ya know I wouldn't even unload my car for that crapy pay out! You pay gas to get there, gas to race then pitpass then if you finish 4th your only 200 in the hole! That's crap pay if you can't at least break even! Hell if you wreck and mess something up your really broke!! Get club together and tell track no! Come to Arkansas we have a great track andgreat pay and probley 1 of the top 3 fastest class of dwarfcars/modlites!

Thanks for all the input guys! The Track has given us a little bump in the pay and reduced the tire stamping fee. Big things are happening for Dwarf cars in the North East This Year and it can only get better. I urged the track to promote us on this site and i hope they do! I also have heard a rumor that Star Speedway may be hosting the grandady of all Dwarf car races in the Northeast August 11th. I will post anything I hear!

Maybe your pay out and tire issues are behind your car count. couldn't find your 2011 points but i found the 2008 points wow 13 total. As a driver you don't see the tire issue and payout in direct correlation with a low car count? I don't get involved in these discussions much but i have to put my two cents in cause for the life of me i do not understand most of the other dwarfcar clubs across the country putting a strangle hold on there members and not growing their club. It is ridiculous to have a race A-main with 10 cars.

Anyway just my two cents.......
    Huttenhow 57

Kyle, I had 10 in my heat last week and you had 9. Some of the top 10 drivers from last year were running in the b-main. Seems like we have it figured out here in AZ. Maybe if these clubs would think more about fun and sportsmanship, they would have better turnouts. Also, I think we pay more at the back gate then most of them do. I think some of them pay like $20 to get in the pits. So the track has to make it up somewhere. I paid $41 to get in when I raced in Calif.

You need to grab the track manager/owner. Get him to really look at ya'lls cars. You'd be surprised the reaction you get when they check them out.. Unless you are racing a piece of junk they will see that these cars are not just oversized go carts.. Most of them are more of a "race car" than some street stocks and the parts are the same price as the big cars..
    Rat, Ya'll are to something out there.. I think that we here in Arkansas are on the right track now.. With the teching and the stock motor rule, a lot of the bickering and fighting has stopped.. You will never git rid of all of it.. As the saying goes "rubbing is racing"..

[QUOTE=Most of them are more of a "race car" than some street stocks and the parts are the same price as the big cars..
    :[/QUOTE]

That exactly why we only have one track to race at dwarfs are as fast or faster and are real race cars but track owners don't want something as fast or faster then their pro-stock or late models

Really,,,, Then what do they want? Are you trying to tell me that track owners don't want a class that is fast and for the most part in an area where they are established put on a better show than most other classes.. That's crazy and I happen to know a few track owners.. They don't want a class that can't support their payout... If they are running late models and paying them 500 to win and only have 5 to 10 cars show,, then they aren't supporting that class and it's getting into the track owners bottom line and that is what they don't want. If your group is showing up like our group is with at least 2 people paying to get into the pits and our friends in the stands then ya'll are more than supporting your group and your pay out should reflect that..
    Just my 2 cents..

this is a bogus rule! they obviously do not care about the racers. you bought the tires from them, you own the tire. its the tire that the rules say you must run with their brand in it. but you have to pay them to reuse the tires? sounds like a track that needs new management once again.