Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teching / Engine Claims/ Dyno's

AS FOR THE WEIGHT THING. MY SON WHO WEIGHS 300 LBS. HAS WON 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN TO DIFFERENT CARSAND DIFFERENT MOTORS ( 2 WITH A SUZUKI OIL COOLED MOTOR, 1 WITH A ZX12) THE SAME CARS WITH A DIFERENT DRIVER HAVE WON 1 MORE CHAMPIONSHIP AND A 2nd PLACE THE NEXT YEAR. NEITHER DRIVE IS OR WAS UNDER 260 LBS. THE CARS WEIGH 1030 LBS READY TO GO ON THE TRACK TO RACE WITHOUT DRIVER.

Quote Originally Posted by docracer1 View Post
    Spec motor is stock bore and stroke with the following:

Slotted Sprockets
    Aftermarket degreed cams
    Thin head gasket or milled head instead
    Lightened Crank
    High Performance Oil Gear
    Head Work
    Timing Adjusments
    Tranny Coating
    Aftermarket Pistons and/or Rods
    And whatever other secrets the builder don't tell you he does to it

And What You Got? A Hand Grenade!! If he blows up every 4 or 5 races he is cheating.

Most racers always want to blame cheating motors for loosing. Spend a little less time thinking about motors and more time thinking set up, shocks, springs, and driving style.

Hot rodding one of these motors just don't work too good. Kinda of like going down and buying a brand new Indy car and motor then running home and jearking the motor out tearing it apart to make it faster, ain't gona happen. These things are cutting edge and they just didn't leave much room for improvement with out affecting life span. When you split the case on one of these things you screwed up.
    Last edited by WRJ969; 07-23-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Sorry i have not addressed your veiw before this. But was not ahwere of the comments. But here goes, the oil cooled suzuki has run for 10 years with only replacing rings and pistons when the bore was worn. Of course i do not run after market ign or run it "against" the rev limiter. Of course the zx12 is stock except for a power commander. So as far as i'm concerned the cost and or reliablity of both of them are the same. While on this, as far as i tell, if you have to do work or buy parts for any of the motors, be them fi, carb'd, new or old, all the parts and labor cost the same.

Re: Teching / Engine Claims/ Dyno's

Chuck, I agree with you, but I think what WRJ969 was saying is that if you spend 3 or 4 grand on a motor it may be faster, but not dependable. Spend more time on your chassis setup and drive the car. Don't just spend more money. But I do like the idea of the HP oil gear, especially for the GSXR. You see a lot of GSXR parts from blown engines.