Become a DCR Supporter | Read More | (2014 Bumper Stickers!)

Thread: 2 day race 1,000 to win airport raceway

2 day race 1,000 to win airport raceway

The 2 Day Race is ON!!!!
    August, 10, 2011
    I am proud to announce the First Annual Fallen Racers Memorial Race. This will be a two day event on September 23rd and 24th 2011 at Airport Raceway, Garden City Ks. There will be 4 classes Outlaw Micro Sprint, A-Class Micro Sprint, Dwarf Car, and Modlite. Plans are to pay $1000.00 to win in each class with $500.00 second place, $250.00 for third, and $15.00 to4th - 10th. Fund raising efforts are on going, with the goal being to pay on Friday night and pay more and deeper in the field on Saturday night. Registration will be online and should be open soon. If you have any comments, ideas, or concerns, I have opened a thread on our website forum. Look for Fallen Racer Memorial Race. Thatís all the information I have for now, but check back everyday for updates at www.airportraceway.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$15.00 to 4th-10th.... Is this a typo??
    are you guys only starting 10 cars in the feature?
    and is it $1000 to win BOTH friday and saturday or combined $1000 to win?

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    $15.00 to 4th-10th.... Is this a typo??
    are you guys only starting 10 cars in the feature?
    and is it $1000 to win BOTH friday and saturday or combined $1000 to win?
    No, it's not a typo. 20 car main. Proposed entry fee is $80 plus transponder rental of $10 per night. Call Mike at 620-290-1617 with any questions. Your input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    Last edited by 70 dwarf; 08-11-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: mistake

UPDATE TO 2 DAY RACE

It'll just keep getting better!
    August, 12, 2011
    The pay out for the Saturday race just got better. It will still be $1,000.00 to win, $500.00 for second, and 250.00 for third, but 4th through 10th are now $100.00. Trust me, this will keep growing. I’m shooting for a total purse in the range of $15,000.00. Stay tuned and check in often. Thanks, Mike Walker

total purse of 15000 for each class?

I know little about this just copying from airport website. But im guessing $15000 purse divided between 4 classes. Contact Mike Walker with questions at 620-290-1617.

This event is still in early stages. Hopefully I will know more after this weekend and can post more info on here about it.

Quote Originally Posted by warman98 View Post
    This event is still in early stages. Hopefully I will know more after this weekend and can post more info on here about it.
    Was told the follwing in drivers meeting at Saturdays Race- 1. $1000 to win will be pro-rated with less than 30 cars per class (didn't explain further)
    2. Out-of -town drivers MUST Pre-REGISTER & PRE-PAY Prior to event . Was told entry fee to be $100 (covers both days)
    3. 20 car main with NO PAYOUT from 11th thru 20th place. (could change if extra purse money is found)

Racing format not finalized as of yet. Don't know if it's two seperate days of racing for purse, or if Friday will be heats setting the field for Saturdays main.

I know this post sounds negative. I have raced this track for two years, you"ll never find a better facility or a more friendly group of Dwarf Car racers.
    I just want anyone thinking about coming to this race to know the facts, & what they are racing for. Since the track is slow on posting any details, I will try to keep you updated. Ken Morgan - Dwarf Car #70.

Questions:

1. How much is the pit pass and do we pay that each day or just once?
    2. How much is the transponder fee and do you have enough transponders to rent accross the 4 classes if 30 cars entered per class and let's say 15 per class were out of towners and need to rent a transponder....thus 60 transponders need to be rented?
    3. Please list the payout for each night (based on 30 cars for a given class for Friday night and 30 cars for Saturday night)?
    4. If you don't attend Friday but do attend Saturday, how will you organize the race program to see how you get into Saturday's A main event for the person who doesn't show up Friday?
    5. What is the race format ie heats and mains for both nights assuming you have 30 cars in a class both nights?
    6. Are there any other fees going to be collected?
    7. Will any of the entry fee be returned if any of the nights are rained out?

Thanks.

Fred

call Mike Walker at 620-290-1617. We are pushing him to finalize the details & post them.

Not going to chase down the details on the event. Mike needs to get the details posted. As of now I don't think you are going to get any serious participation without finalized details.

Fred

I totally agree & don't understand why the details haven't been posted. I think we're going to miss a great opportunity due to the lack of orginization by the track management.

Fred here are the answers to your questions I got them off of airport website. Hope this helps

You have some excellent questions,and I'm sorry that you have to ask. This whole project is rather complex, and I (now of all times) have started one of those real jobs and I don't have as much time as I did when I wasn't working. But that will not hold us back, I think that I have proven my commitment to this event.
    Now lets get to your questions!

1&2 The total entry fee is $100.00, to be prepaid with your registration. (please enter as soon as possible to help make sure we have enough transponders) Entries the day of the race will be $125.00 this includes the entry fee, driver pit pass, and transponder rental for both days. Additional pit passes will be $20.00.

3 The existing pay out in all four classes is: $1,000.00 for 1st $500.00 for 2nd $250.00 for 3rd and $100.00 for 4th to 10th. I am currently raising funds to hopefully include a payout on Friday of $300.00 to win $200.00 for 2nd and $100.00 for 3rd.

4 If your not present on Friday, you would start at the back of one of the last chance qualifiers.

5 Race format:

Friday:
    Pill Draw
    Heat Races
    Qualifying Races
    ( Top 6 to A-main on Saturday)

Saturday:
    Last Chance Qualifying
    (line up based on Friday performance)
    Mains

6 Only what you spend at the Tee-Shirt stand!

7 We are racing on Friday and Saturday to allow Sunday for a weather day if needed , but if we do have a complete rain out the entry fees will be refunded.

I hope this helps, and the registration form is ready I just need it made available via the internet. Please feel free to call or contact me here if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
    Mike Walker
    Koop/ Walker Racing

Hello,

September 23rd and 24th.

Here is the link to the entry form. http://www.airportraceway.com/entry_form.pdf

If you were thinking, hhhmmmm I only raced at the same track all year and it would be neat to try something differrent...well this is the track for you! It is the best configured and surface I've ever raced on. This is a 2 day race and there will be alot of cars there. The locals are extremely friendly and this will be a great time.

Here is a video of a race at this grand palace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CGTfrLESk

Here is a link to their flier. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb ... =1&theater

Hope you can make it!

Fred

This event looks to have really come together great. Track has been reworked and has looked great the last two weeks, The new scoring tower is up and operational and it sounds like there are a good number of cars makiing this event. I hope to see the mod lites and dwarf cars represented in good numbers..

It all gets started Friday.. For all the info take a look at the website airportraceway.com