Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi velocity intakes

High velocity intakes

First off let me say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I'm Monte Crawford and I own Performance Fabrication. I have been in the racing business for 30 years building chassis, suspension and engine components for the CAN AM, IMSA GTP, and INDY CAR series. I have done a lot of custom intake work over the years and this has lead to my new HIGH VELOCITY INTAKES for street bike motors used in Motorsport. At this point I am focusing on Suzuki and Kawasaki motors as they have the largest numbers in use. All units will come with hi flow K&N filters, all silicone hose connectors and stainless clamps. Call for prices. Rock guards are also available for $38 and outerwares are $25.

Thanks, Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010141.jpg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	1986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010380.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	11334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010382.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	11335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010459.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	11329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010331.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	11330  

Last edited by MC@ Performance Fab; 06-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.

A couple of questions I keep getting asked.

The intake I have now sits below the hood and yours is part below and part above.
    Yes it does stick up a little further thru the hood and that is all good. Adding a couple inches to the velocity stacks increases the intake velocity and that helps power on corner exit a bunch. You have to remember these race cars are not 300lb motorcycles running on tracks that are a couple miles long. This is short track racing--get in the gas for 5 or 6 seconds then back it in--ballance the car with a little throttle then stab it again. Its all about how fast you can get from point A to point B.

The other part of this is getting cool air to the motor. Cool air makes power. Period
    Having the intake under the hood is only going to heat up the intake charge from the the heat coming off the motor and radiator. Not good.

Monte

Monte i want to thank you for the new intake for my 07 ZX10 . very nice . i have had something not right so i have not said anything till now. fixed my fuel pump and now this is car rocks with this new intake. more power then i have ever had......... thanks again Jerry i will not lie for no one. this intake is VERY NICE.....................................
    Last edited by jd4u62; 06-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Jerry great to hear you fixed the fuel issue and the car is fast. Thats the second pump problem I have heard in the last week.
    How does this car with the Hi Velocity Intake compare to your GSXR powered car. Their both 07 year motors.

the GSX-R i have is a 05-06 but sill ran good but not like this 07 ZX10 with your new intake. this thing is a rocket ship now. after i fix the GSX-R it will be getting a new intake from you. thanks again........Jerry

First of all I would like to thank Monty Crawford of Performance Fabrications for all his help and knowledge with his high velocity intakes. I've known Monty for 20 years in the drag racing field and we started Dwarf car racing three years ago. I have been running his intake for a year on my 07 ZX10 and took the 2010 championship in San Diego California. The Power performance that I get out of this intake is exceptional and the craftsmanship is bar none. You will get out of your car with a smile from ear to ear saying I can't believe it.

Thanks again Monty,

Gary
    Last edited by garysharky1; 06-19-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Gary the check is in the mail. Jerry just let know when the second car is running again and Ill get you setup. Gary was my test car last season running three different spec intakes to come up with the setup used in the dyno sheet. I have sent more stuff out in the past couple weeks and last saturday night a ZX powered winged mini sprint ran a intake for the first time. Running wings these cars are really tied down to the track and have a lot of drag. He will be by to post results.
    Thanks to everyone, Monte

When you say "zx" is that a 12 or 10?

A 10, still trying to get time to setup the 12.

Monte,I want to thank you for one of the best products to ever hit the market.We bolted your intake on to our motor on friday,raced it on saturday and had a CLEAN SWEEP.The torque increase was unbelievable.We had to change gears to capitalize on the on the increase in torque.There is no other product that is going to make as much of a difference on power.THANKS AGIAN
    Todd Lehr #83

First of all I would like to thank Monty Crawford of Performance Fabrications for his help and knowledge with his high velocity intakes. I ran his intake on my 07 ZX10 for the first time last week an could Not believe the increase in power at mid range. it s the cheapest horse power you can buy for any type of racing.The Power performance that you'll get out of this intake is exceptional and the craftsmanship is bar none. I got out of my car with a smile from ear to ear saying I can't believe it.

Dave good to see your back in town and many thanks for posting how your cars feels with the new intake. See you at the track. And it cant get any better then a clean sweep first time out on Todds winged mini sprint.

Make that two wins in two nights of racing for Todd Lehr!!! Way to go!!!

do you have a set up
    for a 2009 zx10r that has 8 injectors. 4 in top of air box and 4 in throttle bodies, joe mcfee

Joe at this time I do not have the top injector setup for any of the newer motors.

Monte
    Last edited by MC@ Performance Fab; 05-29-2012 at 11:27 PM.