Thread: dwarf car right rear offset?

dwarf car right rear offset?

I have been looking at a lot of pics of dwarf cars on the net and YouTube and most of them have the right rear tucked in almost touching the body. What is the benefit of this? The reason for this question is my dwarf car rear housing is shorter on the r.r compared to the l.r when measuring from frame rail to brake rotor. The r.r is 5 3/4 inches from frame rail to brake rotor and l.r is 7 inches from frame rail to rotor. I have to buy a new set of wheels for my car and if I buy all 4 the same offset the r.r will be tucked in, is this the way they are all designed? Thanks on advance for any help!

Re: dwarf car right rear offset?

To add a little info, the car has always been loose on exit. Entry and middle is OK but exit it spins half way down the straight. I plan on new bilstines and springs with coil over kits before next season. The wheels on the car now are 3 1/2 inch offset except r.r and it is 1 1\2 inch offset. This makes all four tires even with each other all the way around.

First the clubs that i've had a car with, all do not allow the rearend to be offset in either direction. Second, as a general rule, the closed the right wheel is, to the body, the "tighter" the car is. The farther out, the looser the car is. The left side works just the oppositive. As to your wheels spinning going down the straight, that is weight transfer, whitch could be shock "dampening". I don't know who sets you car up, i would throw it on the scales, the way it's set up right now and write that down. I would also check rest of the set up, toe, square and etc. Then compare that with it should be. Compare your set up mow with others running at the same tracks, and brand car. A good start

My car is set up opposite way, due to drive shaft clearance with LR wheel in tight, I move it out with 1" offset and spacers, Chucks post is a great place to start,
    but don't go buying rims yet, things may change I bought new rims and then found my rear end not square had to buy another one, then change to longer wheel studs.
    Scaling and setup at the shop and I make most miner adjustments with spacers and air pressure at the track

Car has been on scales several times trying to improve handling and scale numbers are as follows: l.f-303 l.r-359 r.f-313 r.r-329.5. Left % 50.7 rear % 52.7 and cross% 51.4 total weight is1304.5 pounds. I know the shocks are junk and I plan on buying a complete set from nxs motorsports, they recommended---- l.f shock 10/30 with 200# spring---, r.f shock10/30 with 180# spring----- l.r shock40/20 with 140# spring and r.r shock 30/10 with 130# spring. I know nothing about shocks and springs so I was relying on their reccomendations.the car is scaled with longacre compu-scales so I'm sure the numbers are accurate. Asking anyone I race with is out of the question because of the competitiveness at my track along with general douchebaggery! Thanks for the replies and willingness to help!

There is also no rules on wheel offsets so what ever I want to run is OK with the tech. I was watching some of my races and noticed the guys that run up front and win every weekend have the r.r tucked, I was the only one that didn't. I'm just trying to figure this out by myself and thought I found a ah-ha moment.

above is a link if anyone wants to watch, my car is the black number 80.

here is another, you can see my car on the re-starts only but someone might be able to point me in the right direction from what they see. https://youtu.be/dgnqwPcsIrk

When you say, "due to driveshaft clearance" is that between "driveshaft hoops" and shaft or what? If you can't get the "pumpkin" to the right, is it "noched" if it isn't it's good idea. As for the wheel off set, and shocks, i'm pretty sure what i ran will not work for you. I think the closest anyone, near where i run, has the "right tucked". They run the back "straight up". As to wheel weights go, they are not even close to what ran to achieve the crosses you have. But, i've this before, "set up" simularv to "juggling while on a trapplene" they are any number of getting the same end

I didn't say anything about driveshaft clearances, I could adjust the panhard bar and get the rearend close to being even on both sides I guess. The tow is set at 1/4 inch out in front and the rear end has been squared with the cross member. Since I was the only one with the r.r not tucked I was hoping that might help my setup. Thanks a million for all the help guys!

The front of your car looks extremely heavy from your scale #'s. Are you really 300lbs on each front?

-Randy

your offset question really opens up for a lot of different discussion on set up. But I'm gonna go with an out of the box idea because I think you are relatively happy with the way it works and I don't think the offset or wheel weights will fix your complaint. Make sure the shocks and particularly the left rear is not topping out.that is running out of up travel. That will pull the weight off the left rear and give y ou that exact complaint.

Yes, randyR41 those are the scale numbers. RapidRoy, I'm going to install all new bilstein shocks and springs for this next season. I just seen several other cars with a great amount of positive offset on RR and I thought since everyone else is running them that way that it might help me. Thanks for all the help!