Thread: gsxr 600 throttle cable question.

gsxr 600 throttle cable question.

I'm currently building another dwarf car and am using a 2003 gsxr 600 engine. My question is what is the third cable for? I know that the 2 going to the throttle assembly are for throttle and return but what is the other one for? I bought this motor out of the bike and didn't take it apart. Could this cable be for a choke? Thanks for any help.

Re: gsxr 600 throttle cable question.

Fast idle is what it is. no real choke as its injected

Thanks 44dwarf for the reply, my next question is do I need it or can I eliminate it? . One more question, can I eliminate the speed sensor when I install the driveshaft adapter? Thanks again!

Anyone?

Need it? Well how cold does it get where you are? You can use your foot and do the same thing the cable does but that means have to be in the car while it warms up.

Yes you can simply not use the speed sensor however as i recall (its been a while) i belive you need to leave it in the harness to get the proper timing map and don't just wire the clutch switch wire togeather or you'll have a retared timming map and lower rev limit. Use a standard relay with the start button to close the clutch switch when starting and opens when the starter is not being used

Thanks for the reply 44dwarf, it don't get cold during the race season and I don't mind setting in the car during warm-up. NXS motorsports are going to cut my wiring harness so I assume they will do whatever needs to be done as far as the wiring goes. I will just keep the sensor laying to the side while i install the driveshaft adapter and sort it out after i get the wiring harness back.Thanks again.