Thread: Motor question

Motor question

Hello all new to the board and in the process of putting a mod lite together. I have a honda cbr 1000r. I have not seen much mention of running a honda and was curious as to why not. I have always been a big fan of honda dirt bikes and cruisers but know nothing about sport bikes. hence the question. Thanks for looking

Re: Motor question

they dont have same performance in a modlite

Guess that maybe why. Just hard for me to go to something else but if not competitive I guess I better do something else. Thanks for the info

Two things. Their not an easy install, shift linkage, water line, and driveshaft adapter will take some work. The other thing is they have a pretty hard timing retard that no one had a answer for until a couple years ago, check with Guhl for their ECU flash. Power wise they make great Torque, probably the best in class and HP with the ECU flash is good. The reality is any of the guys running up front can win with any engine package, the GSXR is the most popular, easy install, tons of aftermarket parts available, and most engine guys push it.

They are big motors in general, they take up a lot of room. We have an 08/09 CBR1000 in our dwarf series. When geared correctly, nobody in our series touch that motor on dirt or asphalt. Stock rules

Thanks for the info MC. I know I wont run in the front to start with but dont want to start with something that doesnt work. I have had a real tough time finding any tech data on anything to do with mod lites. I think I will stick with the motor I have and see what happens. With proper care a honda engine is very tough to be in my opinion. Thanks for the response