Thread: Need help with older dwarf car?

Need help with older dwarf car?

I recently got this car and dont know much about them.
    Im looking for a pair of lower control arms.
    Can anyone give me info on the car and direct replacements for the arms?
    Thanks alot
    -G

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarf car.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	16078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarf car control arm.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	16079

Re: Need help with older dwarf car?

I cannot answer your question. I can only guess it is an aftermarket arm for a Chevette spindle and possible steering box (rack). Before you go broke trying to repair it due to damage, the possible reason it got parked in the first place, price updating to a Sweet rack and pinion and a newer front clip with available and possibly cheaper parts. just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by dabossohio View Post
    I cannot answer your question. I can only guess it is an aftermarket arm for a Chevette spindle and possible steering box (rack). Before you go broke trying to repair it due to damage, the possible reason it got parked in the first place, price updating to a Sweet rack and pinion and a newer front clip with available and possibly cheaper parts. just a suggestion.
    Thanks for reply. Thats the only piece I really need...well along with a swedge bar and the heim-like end that bolts to the spindle(it has a fixed bolt going through it).
    That would get it moving and then I can decide from there. Would the stuff you mentioned be bolt-on or require welding etc?
    -G

I used to make those. all off the shelf stuff brackets from AA mfg and square tube and stock chevette ball joints. I would buy the raybestus Red brand ball joint from rock auto it was realy cheap like $8 cheap I liked thos as the stud would bend not snap and it would save the spindels.

Thanks 44Dwarf, appreciate info.
    Someone asked to show the spindle...

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	16087

Name:	IMG_0636.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	16088

Quote Originally Posted by ogimis View Post
    Thanks for reply. Thats the only piece I really need...well along with a swedge bar and the heim-like end that bolts to the spindle(it has a fixed bolt going through it).
    That would get it moving and then I can decide from there. Would the stuff you mentioned be bolt-on or require welding etc?
    -G
    Depends on what you change to. There are options. Most probably require welding somehow along the way but a lot of the things you do on dwarf cars require welding. If this is a skill you are unsure of, find a mom and pop shop in your area that will work with you. You find the right person and they'll help out just to be helping with a race car. Promise to put the business on the side! Welding is not that difficult in the scheme of things. A good buzz box will weld almost any dwarf car project and they are very affordable.

Not sure what that spindel is. It does look well made.
    I'll send you a measage.
    heres a link to A&A. https://www.aa-mfg.com/

Not quite sure where you are located, but that looks really similar to Gary Ebeling stuff. Used to have one of his cars and those lowers look identical.