Thread: 2003-2004 Gsxr 1000 Wiring Issue

2003-2004 Gsxr 1000 Wiring Issue

I have talk to Tracy Fritter and the Charlie Brown both and they have no way of checking it. Looking for any ideas at all for HELP!! I have a 2003-2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 wiring harness that I that was told was good. Went to start the engine have no power to the gauge cluster. No firing of the injector's and/or coils. Does anyone have or know anyone that could check this harness to see if it's good or might be able to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2003-2004 Gsxr 1000 Wiring Issue

I had a similar issue on a zx-10. It turned out to be a .29 resistor in the harness that fools the bike's anti-theft. The resistor was bad. I soldered a new one in and no more problem. I could tell mine went out because when you flipped the switch to start the engine the upper butterflies wouldn't cycle and no fire, but everything else would light up and the engine would spin. You might check with Fritter or Brown and see where the resistor is in the harness and replace it. Won't cost you much either way.

Re: 2003-2004 Gsxr 1000 Wiring Issue

I'm not a suzuki man but it sounds like a fuse or relay problem. I realize we alter the harnesses and a multitude of things could be wrong but assuming the harness was working with the motor, then died, I would look for the obvious and simple fix. Because of our interruption of the harness from its normal use in a bike, we may or may not be able to "test" the harness but an experienced harness guy should be able to go back thru and make sure all the wiring needing looped and all the wires needing clipped are indeed how they should be. A careful inspection in that respect may turn up the issue.