Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota 8 Bolt Install Questions

Re: Toyota 8 Bolt Install Questions

the car was most certainly owned by a butcher last. other than this rear axle, everything else looks is original. the front suspension looks great just like new. this rear axle is the only thing i see unsafe other than it needs all new brake lines. i could just order a winters and be done. but i dont have that much money, that would be more than i paid for the car. i guess maybe a good used 8 bolt already fitted for a mod lite is what ill need to be looking for. im a very good welder, i really tjonk i just need to know what its suppose to look like back there and have the tubes straightened when i get done. this car will be on dirt btw. where can i find a suspension book?

have 8 bolt housing with brackets ready to install $150
    call Kim 574 536 4688

I'M ONLY SPEAKING FROM MY PERSONEL EXPERIENCE. THE 8 BOLT AXLE AXLE HAS HAD THEM CHANGED AND UP GRADED YOUR THAT MUCH AHEAD. LOOK AT THE BRACKETS AND WELDS, FOR THE CALIPERS, IF THEY ARE AND STRAIGHT, I'D LEAVE THEM. I WOULD FIX THE FRAME, "SCARF" OFF ALL THE OTHER BRACKETS AND REPLACE THEM WITH EITHER BOUGHT ONES OR ONE YOU BUILD(YOUR CHOICE). WE USE LONG RADIUS RODS, 3rd LINK, AND PANARD BAR(OUR CHOICE). IS YOUN CAN FIND A COPY OF "DWARF CAR TECHNOLGY BY STEVE SMITH" WPILF BE GOOD START. IT'S AT TIME A LITTLE DATED BUT, I'LL GET YOU IN THE BALL PARK.