Thread: really need some help guy

really need some help guy

so for the past two years we have really been focusing on the asphalt side of racing but its starting to slow down around our area so we are really going to focus on dirt this year. I need some help setting the car up for dirt. I've got a duel mc setup with a 7/8 going to the front and a 1 going to the rear with the same size calipers on all 4 corners. I just installed a quickener. I not sure on what I need as far as brake pads or anything else I need to change. any tips would be greatly appreciated

Re: really need some help guy

Here are some options. First of all i would at least reverse the mc's. Depending on your driving style, track conditions, you may want only run a left front brake or no front brakes, or run a biasing device on the front brakes. Then you will need to change springs, shocks, stagger, and of tires. All these will depend alot on the chassis that you are using.

thanks for the reply. I have to run both front brakes. I have a brake bias knob in the car with it set all the way to the rear right now. I also have the same brake pads all the way around

You still need to reverse the master cylinders. After that you can do whatever you feel is correct. What i wrote were only my suggestions base on what i've tried and/or run.