Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geoff Youngblood's 2015 EDGE

Re: Geoff Youngblood's 2015 EDGE

Man a thousand bucks is a lot to lose for something like that. I mean, why not just let the guy slide past with a warning. Isn't this just about going out and having fun and a good time?

Not going to get started about why I disagree with more than one club that used to exist. But this body has proved my point all along. It all matters who you are. Several cars have had illegal bodies for years and they never would dq. They would rather change the rule for one car than enforce the rules. All I ever heard from all running clubs is body does not matter. Now they lose to someone that is doing nothing more than they did and first time he beats them. Dq so where are all those people that stood up for the other cars that were illegal. Oh yea not there friend so no slap on wrist for him. Maybe that is also why both clubs no longer exist.

This is a competition. Yes. Having a good time is the ultimate goal. However there's always those selfish people that try to steal everybody's fun by not following the rules and cheating and stealing the prize. Performance enhancing drugs. Corked bat. Deflating the football. Building performance enhancing bodies on a race car. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 6565 View Post
    Not going to get started about why I disagree with more than one club that used to exist. But this body has proved my point all along. It all matters who you are. Several cars have had illegal bodies for years and they never would dq. They would rather change the rule for one car than enforce the rules. All I ever heard from all running clubs is body does not matter. Now they lose to someone that is doing nothing more than they did and first time he beats them. Dq so where are all those people that stood up for the other cars that were illegal. Oh yea not there friend so no slap on wrist for him. Maybe that is also why both clubs no longer exist.
    What clubs do not exist any longer 6565? So wait who are running these association/groups? Is it their's or are they voted in? Sorry for all the questions just a little green is all chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin21 View Post
    This is a competition. Yes. Having a good time is the ultimate goal. However there's always those selfish people that try to steal everybody's fun by not following the rules and cheating and stealing the prize. Performance enhancing drugs. Corked bat. Deflating the football. Building performance enhancing bodies on a race car. Etc.
    Dustin, when you put it like that I totally agree should've took the win from them for cheating. No fun when surrounded by cheaters. Guess some people have to do whatever to get an advantage and be able to win. Sad for those that have to compete and compete legally. Seems a lot of people are cheating from reading these comments.

Texana club and gulf coast modlites no longer exist no groups in south texas anymore. They were ran by a group of friends and yes they are voted officials but in the end that means nothing. Basically there sand box play by there rules which depends on who you are. Basically racers teching there own cars and there competition. So in short they make and enforce the rules. I have over the past years shown them several cars that were illegal with no dq but they would change rules. But those cars were always there friends car.

Well heck that doesn't sound fair or much fun. Who ran these two groups? Sound to me I need to bring some of these good central Texas boys with my when I come to play. Well if there is even racing. Though sounds like they ran the groups into the ground with their actions. Sad these little cars look like so much fun too.

Tracks are going to run them lots of good cars in texas

I dont mean to pore salt on his wound, but on 5/20 0f this year on this post he, himself said he knew the body was illegal... I dont see that as picking on him or being buddy, buddy with friends.. He took a chance and it bit him. My body is at the max allowed on all measurements and he's way past mine and I would be nervous if I was to run a show with y'all.... And with no clubs anymore, would y'alls big races be in doubt for next year? Since the tracks are now running things will they support STARS rules or TUSA? I know you see this as an equaling out (6565), but I can tell you. Most tracks see us as a novelty, something to fill in till the "real" racecars get on the track and if they do things their way you will have different rules at different tracks and the 1000 to win shows will go to the wayside. Basically killing the class cause the counts won't be there... Just food for thought.. Just me, but outside looking in. Y'all have a good thing going on over there. I don't see anywhere in the country that has that many chances to race for a decent amount of money.. Whether you agree or like the people that run the groups...

Joe Harris
    ADCRA President

That is a valid point TM44. I will have to agree with the novelty thing. The one race I went to this year to watch modlites, down in Houston they played clown music when they came out. I think it was at Battle Ground or something like that.

2016 rule book is more clear on this rule now, rule 9.3

Bobby we did get Dq'd over the roof angle. I discovered it early and had tried to fix it but being it was close. ride heights driver not in car and being on a slope played part on the dq. the tech guys were going to let us slide with a warning but we were protested and they had to do it. Shame on us. All year long it was a gentleman's agreement that if a body was slightly marginal it would be ok cause the rules have grey areas. but on this night just not that way. As far as trying to cheat to win I didn't order or build the roof and nothing was intentional from builder or us only a mistake. I really don't believe the couple of degrees we were over gave us enough advantage to win. we just hit a good setup that night or heck we would of won every race all year LMAO. With these cars its all about set up. Glad you are interested in class it is a lot of fun and cars are very exciting to drive. Good luck and we will se you guys next year with a new body on car with a thick gauge roof that does not flex or bow up to give weird numbers.