Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geoff Youngblood's 2015 EDGE

Geoff Youngblood's 2015 EDGE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 89 wrap.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	14712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEOFF 2016 89.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	147132015 edge powered by 08 GSXR spec.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1640.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	13401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shady oaks car #89 4.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	13402  
    Last edited by YMS 89; 03-03-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Re: Geoff Youngblood's 2015 EDGE

using this car as example, where do you begin your measurement on the sail panels as far as allowable curves? on the imca body the sail panel cant extend passed the roof, so it would appear that car would need quite a bit of material removed, and it would appear there is too much bow built in, correct me if I am wrong

It is legal to houston group rules. They believe it is no advantage so dont care. I would not waste your time on body rules just do like everyone else and build it how you want

car looks awesome but what is the rule on roof angles?

17 degree max and we are on that exactly.

Stars and TUSA is 14 degrees Max and I'm pretty sure those side panels have more than an 1 1/5 bow to them... Not that I'm complaining, I like it.

Dang all the questions i think it sure is funny. I brought up alot of these same questions last couple of years. All I got told was it did not matter and they would not dq because they ran them elsewhere without problems. Now its a person not well known and some of the same people that told me to work onmy car and quit bitmmm are checking this car. So the person I brought these questions to since they ran the club no big deal now they put body on there car that is legal and wow now they have already measured this car and made them make changes. Why is it a big deal about this body when their s was way worse bit did not matter.

So like I have said many times rules are what the drivers running the club want for their cars. Dont question the people running it or like me its easier for them to ban you than to make there cars legal like everyone else.

yea my bad it is 14 degrees I rechecked it last night. Left side bow is a little more than right side cause driver sits on roof and bends it down forsing more bow
    . I'm trying to support it diferent so this dont happen.

the bow is out but also the amount of sail panel from the back of the roof to the 4 inch height from back of decking, there can only be 1 inch of material above this line. page 11, lower left picture on stars rule book

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin21 View Post
    the bow is out but also the amount of sail panel from the back of the roof to the 4 inch height from back of decking, there can only be 1 inch of material above this line. page 11, lower left picture on stars rule book
    I have looked at this in great detail and as always there is a grey area. in this drawing there is no defined start point of the imaginary line. We fallowed the roof rake line out and started there to be different. I understand there could be clarity added to rules next year.

if u look at the body figure 6 you will see where the roof stops and the sail panel begins, right above the little E. which then goes to figure 7. with that much added sail panel it would be hard to believe you would be under the max heighth of the car. idk, i dont care, but i wouldnt allow this at the track i officiate at. if you would be under the max heighth i would give the week to fix, if not id most likely enforce 42.1.1

when i raced in florida they made me cut on my sail panels and they werent near as extreme as yours, in fact not even close, they also got me on the 86" max door and quarter panel length. this is measured from the most forward and rearward point, so the rear decking imaginary line to ground to the furthest point forward on your doors, i also thought there was grays until i was using my tin snips to race. theres max rules, most cars are built to the max, 99 times out of 100 being different crosses those lines.

Hmmmm.......

Man I am just starting to look at getting into Modlite racing and was sent here. That body on there is sick. That is like the sweetest looking modlite I have seen, good job chap. Where can I get one like that? How many races have y'all won with it?

Dustin, what is rule 42.1.1? I have read to rules over and over and maybe I over looked it.

6565, why so much anger to the Houston guys. Why would you not run with them. I heard they have a lot of money races down there.

Though I have to ask is the roof on that thing 14 or 17 degree. Since I reread and seem like there is some confusion on that and what is legal?

the rule is if the car, body, suspension, etc isnt right they are disqualified, if i hear correctly this body cost him a thousand bucks.